BCG Treatment Journey

7 months 6 days ago #61976 by hannah
Replied by hannah on topic BCG Treatment Journey
The scope revealed both good news and bad news.  The good news is that no new tumors appeared.  The bad news is that there appears to be "something" where the wound healed from the 2nd TURBT.  This "something" may be calcification, but one cannot be 100% certain, so this means I now have to have a 3rd TURBT.  On the positive side, I haven't had any side effects from the gem/doce treatment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 1 week ago #61975 by brandbr
Replied by brandbr on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Good luck!  Hang in there. I hope you get to make that trip to Moab.

7 months 1 week ago #61972 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Good luck with your scope Hannah!! 

7 months 1 week ago #61971 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Billl, Sorry to hear about the reoccurrence!  Hannah is correct in that the incidence of reoccurrence for bladder cancer is relatively high and may be something we all face at some point. It's part of the reason we are scoped so often.  Sounds like your doc is doing all the right things, so I hope they can work out the PLavix issue asap.  I only had the one TURBT so far, but the doc I see now had said that many times they like to do two TURBTS even before they start the BCG.  I hope things get better for you soon!  I am not so much worrying about staying positive but accepting that it is what it is, and deal with it as best we can.  Kind of a "Jesus take the wheel" type of thing.  
Hank
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pickle_Bill

7 months 1 week ago #61970 by hannah
Replied by hannah on topic BCG Treatment Journey
I have nothing new to report since the last time.  I have a scope scheduled next week and at that point will learn more about the effectiveness or lack thereof of related to the gem/doce tx.  In the interim, I haven't experienced any signs of bleeding.

To Bill:  I am so very sorry to hear about the new tumor growth.  I have read that bladder tumors often reoccur, so maybe having them removed ASAP would be a good thing to prevent growth into the muscle.  

7 months 1 week ago #61969 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Wow, I really don't know what to say.  Hopefully the Docs can get the timing down so you can have them removed ASAP.  Keep us up on what is going on.  Your experiences with this is all new and something we may all have to face.  Just know that you are in our prayers.  Try and stay strong, I know you can.  Eddie

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne