BCG Treatment Journey

6 months 5 days ago #62003 by hannah
Replied by hannah on topic BCG Treatment Journey
The findings from the 3rd turbt showed surface epithelium with urotheial dysplasia and multiple areas of necrosis with acute inflammation and areas of amorphous basophils material simulating calcification but no evidence of urothelial carcinoma which is good.  The cytology report came back negative for cancer cells which is also good.  Now I'm in the "pins and needles" phase and go back in December for a cystoscope and another urinalysis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 3 weeks ago #61995 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hey Hank,  Yes the angst, waiting for the other shoe to fall is the worst right now but I am so thankful for the good results.  Other than the fact that I seem to urinate a little more than before I feel really good in between my off time so far.  I too am getting older (70), but I am a pretty active guy normally and have been able to keep up my routine pretty much.  I'll post after each treatment, the 3 weeks fill fly by.  Prayers for your Scope on Nov. 1st.  Keep on pushing thru.  Eddie

6 months 3 weeks ago #61994 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hi Eddi,
Glad to hear of the negative results on your labs.  So far so good.  I feel your angst about the 6 months off.  It is our goal to get well enough to not have treatments, but I fear the thought of recurrence will be the new normal for all of us.  I have a scope on November 1st.  Here's hoping it's all clear.  I'd like to tell you the BCG treatments get better, but for me it was the same as the previous ones.  I keep telling myself that it is only for 3 weeks, and it goes by fast.  How are you feeling otherwise?  I seem to be more fatigued than I have ever been.  About 5pm, I start getting really tired.  It may be cause I am getting old, but I wondered if it's part of the battle.  Keep the faith!
Hank

6 months 3 weeks ago #61993 by EddieS
Well, another round of BCG Coming up next week.  That means that my Cystoscopy and Cytology all came back clear, no cancer cells found.  All good news so far.  My Doc says that if all goes well, I will get a 6 month break from BCG.  Not sure how I feel about that.  I have mixed emotions about waiting 6 months before I get more treatments mixing that with the 6 months off.  I always feel that I will come back to bad news, which is probably normal.    I have an annual CT coming up and another Cystoscopy scheduled in December already.   Hopefully my body won't react to the treatment like the last time.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Stay Strong Everyone.  Eddie

7 months 4 days ago #61978 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hi Hannah!  Glad to hear there were no new tumors!  I hope the "something" turns out to be either scarring or benign.  I am also glad to hear you are tolerating the treatments relatively well.  The only good thing about the TURBT is that your asleep when they do it. :)  But it is necessary, and we will all root for a positive outcome.  Keep the faith!  Hank

7 months 4 days ago #61977 by EddieS
Hey Hannah,  Well, as you say, no new tumors and no side effects.  That is good news!!!  Hopefully this TURBT will come back negative.  You have been thru 2 and you know what to expect.  Keep us updated on your Journey.  Just know we are all praying for you.  Be strong, tell yourself it will all be clear when they test it.  It's impossible to reason/plan for all the possible outcomes so focus on 1 outcome.  Everything will come out OK, you can deal with other results when they arise.  Eddie
The following user(s) said Thank You: hannah

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne