BCG Treatment Journey

5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #62015 by Pickle_Bill
Replied by Pickle_Bill on topic BCG Treatment Journey

So, just to follow up on all of this. The Urologist and Cardiologist, finally came up with a plan. I need to be admitted to the hospital 5 days before surgery so I can go on a IV blood thinner that does no stay in your system for long like the pills do. Surgery was scheduled for October 10th, so to be admitted on the 5th. However I tested positive for COVID on the 4th. Just my luck. Surgery now on November 7th, admitting on the 2nd. Oh, no idea how long i will stay after surgery (need to go back on blood thinners), that will be up to the urologist they said.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandbr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 months 2 weeks ago #62009 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Thanks Hannah,
That's good to hear, that you get a break from treatments.  Thanks for keeping us in the loop about the gem/doce treatments.  It will make me, at least, feel better that there is another treatment to try if the BCG proves to not be working.  Keep the faith!
Hank

5 months 2 weeks ago #62008 by hannah
Replied by hannah on topic BCG Treatment Journey
I appreciate the prayers and I too pray daily and keep in mind the people I have been "traveling with."  I'm thinking that perhaps the gem/doce might end up being a good BCG alternative.  I guess time will tell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alkamodaddy

5 months 2 weeks ago #62007 by hannah
Replied by hannah on topic BCG Treatment Journey
I'm still on the plan for the tx; however, since there were no signs of cancer following the 6 initial treatments, I'm "treatment free" until the next cystoscope in December.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alkamodaddy

5 months 2 weeks ago #62006 by Alkamodaddy
Replied by Alkamodaddy on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hi Hannah,
I am glad to hear that there were no evidence of cancer.  I am not sure about the other medical terms.  Hopefully it is not of too much concern.  Are you still doing the gem/doce regimen?  Best of luck in December!  
Hank

5 months 2 weeks ago #62005 by EddieS
Replied by EddieS on topic BCG Treatment Journey
Hey Hannah, all good news.  Believe me we all get the "Pins & Needles" phase.  I'm not sure if that ever goes away.  Hopefully you can find an internal peace during your break until December.  I know it's hard but you have to push forward.  You have no control other than doing the things your doctor tells you to do.  Enjoy each day and tell yourself that you have many many more ahead of you.  I am praying for you and for everyone in our small group.  Stay Strong.  Eddie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alkamodaddy, opaz_67

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne