NEW NON MUSCLE INVASIVE SQUAMOUS CELL CAINOMA

1 year 8 months ago #61377 by runner1256
Replied by runner1256 on topic NEW NON MUSCLE INVASIVE SQUAMOUS CELL CAINOMA
Thanks You for your respone
Yes MOTT CANCER CENTER in Tampa and they have a great doctor there 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 8 months ago #61376 by Alan
Runner 1256,

Welcome. I am glad you caught this early. I am sure your research has shown squamous cell carcinoma is nothing to take lightly (all cancers are serious obviously). I had to re-read about this special type see: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6414352/

You have done everything right by getting a second opinion to confirm and get an attack plan. The last piece is simply keep and make those follow ups. If memory serves me this is Mott in the Tampa area? Seems they have a good reputation.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: runner1256

1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #61375 by runner1256
Over three month ago they found a 1.4 cm tumor in my bladder thru a MRI 
I was very lucky they found.

I went thru first Turbt bladder surgery witin two week  
They found  
1.4 cm NON MUSCLE INVASIVE SQUAMOUS CELL CAINOMA which was successfully removed
 My first doctor recomened me cystectomy of my bladder because the nature of this rare cancer.

I could figure out why he was so quick to cut consider I never had any sign of cancer and tumor was consider small.  So i elected to get a second opinion. 

During this process it took me another month  to see another doctor at MOTT cancer center
They thought it was way to early for a cystectomy
They recommend a second TUBT which was completed two week ago showing a negative  reading  with no cancer. 

It now been over three month and I have no sign of anything coming back 

So decided to  be treated with BCG starting at the end of month.

So second opinion are alway good 

Just got my first treatment of BCG  I had no side effects went very well I thank God for being there with me 

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne