my uro is giving up on me

1 year 9 months ago #61330 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic my uro is giving up on me
Everyone has given you good advice. Get that second opinion with a teaching hospital or major URO center such as MD Anderson. I know sometimes "atypical" cell findings are simply nothing, sometimes something more. You'll get to the bottom of this.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #61327 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic my uro is giving up on me
Actually, I am impressed that your uro has indicated that you need to see someone else - glad he realizes there is a problem and he can't get to the bottom of it.  My husband had a similar situation and after a CT scan, it was discovered the cancer was in one of the kidneys.  That kidney was removed over 5 years ago and he is doing fine.  I'm not sure who your urologist will refer you to - oncologist or another urologist.  

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

1 year 9 months ago #61326 by mystri
Replied by mystri on topic my uro is giving up on me
Hi Busoman:  Giff here and I experienced the same problem.  Local Uro wasn't much help and didn't have much faith in his diagnosis.  Finally wound up at MD Anderson in Houston and was assigned to the main Urologist there (luck of the draw I guess) butr after extensive testing and review of results from past tests, he diagnosed it as Urotheoial Cancer and I wound up in surgery to remove the Bladder, clean out what cancer cells they could find and ultimately wound up taking my prostate also.That was 6 years ago, and other than a couple if issues, we are back at our home Oncologists and doing pretty well for an 82 year old guy.  So I guess my bottom line is don't give up on the final diagnosis. Pursue it where and how you can and you will ventually find the solution and proceed to the outcome.  May be something, or may be nothing but I am confident you'll find out.  Good luck and let me know if I can help.

1 year 9 months ago #61325 by busaman
my uro is giving up on me was created by busaman
i am 2.5 years into my diagnosis, age 70,  had tumor resection of 4 large tumors, turbtt, follow up cystos, no new tumors BUT  my labs keep saying abnormal or atypical cells.  I had the FISH test which was positive and shows abnormal chromosomes, but the uro can't find any new tumors and I have no symptoms. URO doesn't know if the problems is in the kidneys, but he looked in there too.  PSA is only 3.5 and I had a negative biopsy. My uro is now saying I need second opinion.  Will he be sending me to another uro or an oncologist or someone else?  Who else treats this?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne