Newbie and stressed

16 years 11 months ago #4893 by timb
Replied by timb on topic Newbie and stressed
ricky
eyelid spasms; ive had the twitchy eyelid for sure. it lasted for a month or two and was absoloutely stress related. i remember thinking it would be like that forever. sometimes it looked like i was winking at someone while talking to them! it would come on with no warning; at the bus stop, in the dinner queue at work, in meetings, nightclubs...everywhere! it was a few years ago and I was overworked at the time and not getting enough sleep. it went away of its own accord. I woulddn't worry about it. I'm guessing its linked to the stress of your situation.

tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #4892 by Ricky
Replied by Ricky on topic Newbie and stressed
Oh, quick question.

If I choose to get a second opinion on my pathology, can anybody recommend a good place to get this?

16 years 11 months ago #4891 by Ricky
Well today is the day. It has been 1 week since my TURB and now I go in and review the pathology report. I did call yesterday to confirm that it is in and it is.

Prepared for the worst hoping for the best.

16 years 11 months ago #4835 by Ricky
Hey, have any of you ever experienced eyelid spasms? For the last 2 months now, my lower right eyelid spasms uncontrollably.

I've seen a opthamologist, who seems to think it's not a big deal. Gave me some expensive steroid drops that have done nothing to alleviate the problem. He said only other cure would be a botox injection, and that is only temporary.

Stress is said to be one probable cause and Lord knows I've experienced more than my fair share of it these last few months.

Just wondering if any fellow BC people have ever had this malady.

16 years 11 months ago #4789 by Ricky
It seemed like I was almost in the throws of spasms when the pain was its worst.

I;m happy to say this morning, after waking up with a full bladder, that the pain has subsided substantially while urinating.

The great pain actually came after expelling the urine and I think the residual that was still in my urethra was like fire in there.

Much betta now. Thank you Rosemary.

16 years 11 months ago #4783 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Newbie and stressed
Ricky,

I wonder if you are having spasms? It might be a good idea to put a call in to the Doctor. It sounds like it might be spasms.

Good luck,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne