Newbie and stressed

17 years 1 week ago #4782 by Ricky
Replied by Ricky on topic Newbie and stressed
Any tips on dealing with the excruciating pain while urinating? It is 5 minutes of the most agonizing burning and cramping feeling there is. I'm even on Vicodin and phenazopydine which is supposed to alleviate bladder pain, also makes your urine a deep orange color. Pain is not in bladder though, it's in urethra.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 week ago #4780 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Newbie and stressed
Okay, Buddie,

Play the waiting game it is. I actually had to play Sudoku puzzles day and night to keep from spinning mentally out of control.

You sound so much better.

I'm glad you checked in.

Your friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 1 week ago #4778 by Ricky
Replied by Ricky on topic Newbie and stressed
Hi again. Just got back a couple of hours ago from my Turb. The procedure went fine, still a bit groggy and just taking it easy.

I dread urinating, it hurts like the bejesus!

Now for the waiting game.

17 years 1 week ago #4765 by Sandra
Replied by Sandra on topic Newbie and stressed
Ricky - You much the same as me and probably a lot of other folks on this board.  And the waiting is the hardest.  It took 21 days for me to get my pathology from my first TURBT and so after I changed Doctors.  Once you know exactly what you are up against then you can start asking the questions and formulating with a Doctor that you trust decision on your healthcare from that point.  With my first TURBT I did not have Mitomycin, but did with my second followed by six weeks of BCG and will return for my Poke and Peek next Wednesday.  I have TA G3.  Also you asked the question why you have negative cytology if you in deed have cancer....well I have negative cytology and have had 6 tumors removed in two TURBTs.  Negative cytology is possible if the cancer does not slough off cells, therefore will not be in your urine.  This is why I feel the cystoscopy and TURBT will give you your definite answer.  

Here's wishing you the very best and hang in there you will have an answer soon....We are all pulling for you here.  
Take Care, Sandra

BTW - I am a Southern California Girl, graduated from school down the Freeway from you in Bakersfield.  Live on the Other coast now!

Sandra
"Grandmothers are just antique little girls...."

17 years 1 week ago #4764 by amy
Replied by amy on topic Newbie and stressed
Hi Ricky

I just read your story and I can relate to your concern. Unfortunately you won't know all the answers to your questions until you get the path report. I believe that the report is back in a few days you just don't get to see it until the your post op appointment which is usually two weeks after your surgery. If you call and bug them they will usually give you the results. By the way I am located in Sacramento.

Good luck
Alyssa

17 years 1 week ago #4763 by Larry_Joe
Replied by Larry_Joe on topic Newbie and stressed
Ricky: Good luck!! Hopefully you are recovering from TURBT by now. Let us know the results etc. when you get back on-line. I had the same in December 06 followed by BCG treatments & have been pleased with all. Keep in touch, we all want to help and share our experiences. Best Regards, larry

Hot Springs, Arkansas

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne