Newbie and stressed

16 years 11 months ago #4959 by clur
Replied by clur on topic Newbie and stressed
Great news Ricky stick with the healthy lifestyle.
Love Claire x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #4956 by Ricky
Replied by Ricky on topic Newbie and stressed
Thanks you guys. I feel like a man given a second chance. I'm not taken anything for granted anymore. Was a bad habit of mine.

Calling my primary doc this morning and request a full CT scan of my body.

16 years 11 months ago #4914 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Newbie and stressed
Hi Ricky,

All things being relative in the world of cancer-you are lucky, congrats! Your dx sounds much like the one my sister got 8 yrs ago, and she is fine.

Wendy

16 years 11 months ago #4905 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Newbie and stressed
That is good news, Ricky. Congratulations!! And, good luck on kicking the habit!!

Your friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

16 years 11 months ago #4903 by Zachary
Replied by Zachary on topic Newbie and stressed
That is absolutely fantastic news!

"Standing on my Head"---my chemo journal
T3a Grade 4 N+M0
RC at USC/Norris June 23, 2006 by Dr. John Stein

16 years 11 months ago #4902 by Ricky
Replied by Ricky on topic Newbie and stressed
Thanks Tim. That's what my doctor says. I would have to agree that my life has been a bit stressful lately.

Anyways, I just got back from my checkup from TURB last week.

The surgeon's report read:

anterior urethra within normal limits. Prostatic urethra, mild elevation of the bladder neck. Nonobstructive prostatic urethra. UOs within normal limits as to size, shape and anatomic location. Marked cystitis throughout is noted, pedunculated lesion, lateral and proximal to the right UO is noted. Biopsies are taken of the midline floor and right floor of the bladder along the removal of the majority of volume of bladder tumor, approx. 2.5x2.5x2.5 cm. This appeared to be on a thin stalk, which is fulgurated, taking care not to injure the right UO.

The pathology report read:

Received 3 specimans: tissue from the midline floor of my bladder, tissue from the right floor of my bladder, and the bladder tumor itself.

The 2 tissue samples came back as benign urothelial mucosa with edema, congestion and mild chronic inflammation. No dysplasia or malignancy identified.

The tumor came back as inverted papilloma. No malignancy identified.

It's been a couple of hours now and I'm still in a state of shock. I was so sure that I had a carcinoma as I was told 95% of bladder tumors are cancerous. I had alot of people praying for me and while I've grown away from God over the years, I have some rethinking to do now. I have been blessed.

I'm taking this as a wake up call, have not had a cigarette in 10 days and don't plan to start again. I've quit before and it's been tough, but these last 10 days have been quite easy, with the knowledge that it indeed could kill me one day.

Will get a 3 month cystoscopy to recheck.

I don't plan on hitting and running neither. You folks have a good thing going here and although I have to admit that reading the volumes of posts and literature here only increased my stress regarding possible BC, it also educated me and got me thinking straight about the reality I'd have to deal with. Though I'm still not a BC "guru" here, I hope to further educate myself and offer encouragement to fellow posters.

We're all in this together.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne