suddenly, I'm terrified

2 years 2 months ago #61175 by busaman
Replied by busaman on topic suddenly, I'm terrified
wait for the cysto or your gonna kill yourself with worry.  the cysto, they say, tells everything.  With me, my cystos have been good for the last year (no new tumors) since my turbtt and bcgs, but my urine labs are weird.  Sometimes they come back "abnormal" cells, sometimes "negative for urothelial carcinoma," and sometimes "positive for carcinoma."  Now my uro is saying "Oh well, maybe you just make atypical cells" because he doesn't see anything inside the bladder and all my other tests (bladder and kidney biopsies) have been negative.
Keep good thoughts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mauricio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #61174 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic suddenly, I'm terrified
Welcome, Mauricio,

You won't really know much until the cystoscope is done to look inside. If the urine smell is markedly different, I'd let your medical team know before the checkup. It could be as simple as a urinary tract infection (UTI) something else or nothing....which is what I would guess. Things we eat and drink can easily change our urine.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mauricio

2 years 2 months ago #61173 by mauricio
suddenly, I'm terrified was created by mauricio
I was diagnosed with bladder cancer a few months ago and I was fine; it would be resolved with a few treatments of bcg. I went through those treatments and tolerated them well. all of a sudden, I'm terrified. my urine smells different and seems to have a different odor each time I urinate. this convinced me that this cancer will be fatal. I have a cystoscopy scheduled in 3 weeks. am I overreacting? has anyone else gone through this? it is making me crazed.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne