Neo bladder

1 year 4 months ago #61488 by Greatful
Replied by Greatful on topic Neo bladder
Archie,

I am new to the forum and saw your post from a year ago.  Did you have the Neo bladder surgery?  If so, how did it go?

I just had it in July of 2022.  I am 71 years old.  It has not been easy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #60979 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Neo bladder
 Archie,

Welcome. I am linking a very good site from the Cleveland Clinic that has a very good discussion on all 3 major diversions. Pro's and con's. As I have not had any I am not much help beyond this. See: my.clevelandclinic.org/health/treatments/12546-urinary-reconstruction--diversion

One other observation. However you choose, be sure they do at least 25+ of these a year from other reads. It is a rigorous, complicated surgery and some will steer you to what their expertise is in. Pick what fits you, even if it is a major university or teaching hospital. Whichever you choose, most people appear to adapt. The positive is you are choosing life and the vast majority giving it time do well.

Keep posting as you go. Someone will be able to give insight.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

2 years 6 months ago #60978 by archcar
Neo bladder was created by archcar
77 year old in good health. Walk while golfing at least 4 times a week. How hard is it to train new bladder to urinate normally and not to have leakage? What is a good program to get thru this and about how long? Have gone through Chemo 2 weeks ago and the cancer has not spread from the bladder. Don’t want to have a bag but maybe that would be the better option. Scheduled for Huntsman on October 1st for surgery.

Archie

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne