Pre-diagnosis, CT tomorrow

2 years 6 months ago #60971 by Ntl00568
Replied by Ntl00568 on topic Pre-diagnosis, CT tomorrow
He said given the size and position of the stones, he believes they are source of my symptoms. He said he’d feel comfortable watching my urine and symptoms or I could go ahead with scope. I said scope, ASAP. He said absolutely, let’s do it. 
Thanks for the support. Hoping it’s just the stones but I know there could be more going on. Trying to take heart in the good news and keep investigating. Y’all are great…
The following user(s) said Thank You: June

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #60970 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Pre-diagnosis, CT tomorrow
The scope and scan are the 2 most standard dx tests. Your URO didn't want to do a scope? That would concern me? Let's hope it is nothing!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

2 years 6 months ago #60969 by Ntl00568
Hi all. Well, CT did not show anything in the bladder. One stone in each kidney. Went to urologists today. No blood in the urine currently but having the scope on Monday.
I know this is positive but I also know stuff can be missed on the CT. Urologist wanted to just monitor my symptoms, but thanks to all I’ve read on this forum, I knew to push for scope. Thank you, thank you. I’m of course still terrified at the prospects and just trying to stay calm. Again, best to all of you!

2 years 6 months ago #60968 by Ntl00568
Thank so much Sara Anne. I’ll keep in touch. I’m sure I’ll need this forum. 

2 years 6 months ago #60967 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Pre-diagnosis, CT tomorrow
Welcome!
I understand that you cannot be anything but nervous, but this is not the "end of the line."  !3 years ago I was almost in the same place you are now.  UTI's that weren't.  I didn't have any urinary blood, however.  I was diagnosed with high grade CIS as well as papillary bladder cancer.  Had BCG treatments and now, here I am, 13 years later, cancer-free.  You can do this also.  AND you do not even know if you have bladder cancer at all!!

Best wishes to you and please let us know how your tests go

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

2 years 6 months ago #60966 by Ntl00568
Pre-diagnosis, CT tomorrow was created by Ntl00568
Hi all. I’ve been lingering on your forum for weeks and I’m so impressed with this community. I have a CT scan tomorrow and my first urology visit to investigate likely bladder cancer. I’m 42f, former smoker, 3 UTIs with no infection and blood in my urine (gross once, the rest micro). I’m terrified of course and so riddled with anxiety I can’t sleep or eat. I’ve lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I guess I just wanted to get it out. Thanks for creating a community like this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherilgirl

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne