Covid 19 vaccine and now bladder cancer

2 years 7 months ago #60963 by Jack R
Replied by Jack R on topic Covid 19 vaccine and now bladder cancer
Pattim, 

Please have your friend's mother report the doctor's concerns to the FDA. The FDA actively seeks to find adverse reactions to drugs, and looks into the substance of causative suspicions expressed by  patient's doctors.

Scroll down to see the FDA reporting information.

Do keep in mind that in our country of 328 million people, about 73 thousand cases of bladder cancer are diagnosed each year. If covid-19  vaccination is a driver of additional cases, we should see an increase of new bladder cancers in the years ahead. Reports to the FDA are important in tracking drug issues, so please do file a report.

Best
Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #60962 by Pattim
Replied by Pattim on topic Covid 19 vaccine and now bladder cancer
My moms friend, early 80s, was just diagnosed with bladder cancer.  She had blood in urine shortly after the vaccine in March.  Bladder cancer diagnosis was about 4 mos after the vaccine.  Not sure which vaccine she got.  Just posting as she mentioned that her doctor said it could be related to the vaccine.  As other poster mentioned, maybe it was there all along, maybe the vaccine “caused” the bleeding which led to early diagnosis.  Time and more data will tell the full story.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sherilgirl

2 years 8 months ago #60879 by unitedrn
Replied by unitedrn on topic Covid 19 vaccine and now bladder cancer
I appreciate your comment- I am just seeking information and doing my due diligence in exploring everything- my post is simply to see iif others had the same experience! Maybe the cancer was there but became aggressive after the shot- maybe not - who knows right? No one knows but I have every right to explore this!

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #60878 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Covid 19 vaccine and now bladder cancer
Cancers simply do not "pop" up in a few weeks after any procedure or event. Dental procedures, hernia repair, heart caths and surgeries, vaccinations (flu shots, children's shots), a month's binge drinking, knee replacements, a sunburn 3 weeks ago, etc. Yes, some grow faster than others but I have NEVER read nor studied any cancer that just started and manifested itself in 2-3 months. Ask your doctors about this. It likely has been there a while. Not sure what this thread is trying to imply. 

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #60877 by Jack R
Replied by Jack R on topic Covid 19 vaccine and now bladder cancer
Reports from consumers and caregivers to the FDA VAERS database help identify possible side effects early.
Likewise, VAERS allows researchers to offer best answers to  vaccine safety questions, based on the reports.
The following article, posted to PubMed on the National Institutes of Health site, makes the following observations:
LowRates of Urologic Side Effects Following Coronavirus Disease Vaccination
Our query generated a list of 15,785 adverseevent reports with 73,867 symptoms. A total of 156 urologic symptoms were
identified in the VAERS database following administration of the
Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID19 vaccines.

Finally, it is also important to note that anarrow population of individuals has been vaccinated to date in the United
States: healthcare workers, older individuals, and those with significant
comorbidities

- Data collection under FDA VAERS program continues. 

Full Article:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8056847/
Urology.  2021Jul; 153: 11–13.

I find it noteworthy that the FDA continues to recommend vaccination for Covid-19, and that even  Delta variant effects may be blunted by full vaccination. The story continues to develop, and FDA VAERS data will tell us more as time goes on.

Best to all,
Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021
The following user(s) said Thank You: joea73, unitedrn

2 years 8 months ago #60874 by unitedrn
Replied by unitedrn on topic Covid 19 vaccine and now bladder cancer
Very interesting. My dad had the Pfizer as well. Please report this to VAERS as well. I hope your husband heals quickly and kicks this cancer to the curb. They want to take my dad's bladder and prostate out but he just doesn't want to. Looking at other options. 

Kim

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne