Newly diagnosed Turbd upcoming

2 years 9 months ago #60844 by WiscoNewbie
Replied by WiscoNewbie on topic Newly diagnosed Turbd upcoming
Thank you for responding, everything just seems so siddenly fragile. And you are spot on. Everything feels like something else is wrong. 
I appreciate not being alone in it. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #60843 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Newly diagnosed Turbd upcoming
Adding to Sara's comments The cysto, CT scan and TURB are the 3 normal procedures/tests to properly disgnose bladder cancer. Most of us on this board went through these. I am adding my 2 cents in the area of post TURB. For 3-5 months every ache and pain....back, side, feet, body etc made  me wonder what else is wrong. I finally learned and accepted most of this is normal as we all have aches. At the same time, do listen to your body and do involve your URO if your abdominal pain persists.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

2 years 9 months ago #60842 by WiscoNewbie
Thank you so much, 
I truly was euphoric until the abdominal pain.  Then the worries crept in.
I will talk it all over with her...maybe it's gas pain...maybe my colon is adjusting after surgery.
I am very very relieved the bladder diagnosis wasnt worse!

2 years 9 months ago #60841 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Newly diagnosed Turbd upcoming
You wouldn't be normal if you didn't worry about this.   What I remember is that I was so relieved that it was non-invasive and treatable that I was almost euphoric!!  We all handle this sort of thing differently.

Please discuss your abdominal pain witih your urologist.  It is not the usual thing to have after a TURB.  As for other tests and procedures to allay your worries, please share your feelings about this with your doctor also.  It appears that every thing has been done that should have been done.  You should now be having cystoscopies scheduled every three months for a while so anything that is there should show up.

You should be very proud of yourself and relieved that the worst is over and you can get on with your life!  You were so fortunate with your treatment and diagnosis!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

2 years 9 months ago #60840 by WiscoNewbie
Its a week since my TURBT,
Follow up appointment on Monday. Pathology showed non-invasive, slow growing. Low grade.
I am still feeling some gastro upset, low appetite.  A vague pain in my abdomen on right side. Tumor was removed from left posterior side of bladder.
I am not taking any more opiods since day three after.  
How do you keep your mind from racing at every single pain? I continue to fear spread, that there is missed liver,  bowel, kidney or ovarian involvement. 

CT showed all normal appearing organs.

I know this abdominal pain is real. 

What tests could I ask for to rule out further issues other than a CT?

Is there any other blood test or ultrasound or something that might pick up those things?

Im worried about beimg dismissed...Im not a paranoid person. Thank you in advance!

Thank you in advance.

2 years 9 months ago #60822 by WiscoNewbie
TURBD completed yesterday, now to wait for pathology. Had to wear catheter home and will have it for a week. Dr got close to puncturing bladder, but didnt. She doesnt want to risk my bladder pressure bursting it...so catheter it is. Not my fave however cancer is worse so I will take it. 

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne