Advocating with insurance and hospital to cover cost of BCG

3 months 2 weeks ago #60705 by joea73
About the insurance/ACA on BCG treatment, you may try to contact the Merck National Service Center at 1-800-672-6372 from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM EST.   FYI,  Product Onco-Tice  -  BCG for Bladder Cancer Treatment

Also, MERCK seems to have a patients assistant program.    www.merckhelps.com/    1-800-727-540

The pop up says -
During this unprecedented time, if you have lost your job and health insurance due to the COVID-19 pandemic and need help paying for your Merck medicines, the Merck Patient Assistance Program may be able to provide your Merck medicines at no cost.
Call 1-800-727-5400

Best

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #60758 by RosieF
For some reason, I didn't get alerts on this so thanking everyone now for your responses. I did read the first two but after that didn't see them and am not on the forum regularly.
It appears that the hospital billed the charges through out of network PA's. We are not sure why as the dr who ordered the procedure is within network. We are following this up now and hope for a good outcome as the procedures did have prior approval from primary care and insurance.

We have heard billing through out of network providers is a common issue with hospitals, and I've been told by one person that UHealth, Miami is particularly bad about this. Can't verify how widespread it is, but know it is true in this case. So hopefully if they send charges through again under the doctor who ordered them, this will all be handled.

Thanks again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne