Painless blood in urine kidney stone Q

2 years 6 months ago #60975 by Ntl00568
Replied by Ntl00568 on topic Painless blood in urine kidney stone Q
Hi Junebug. I’m in similar boat. Blood in urine with UTI symptoms and stones on CT. Mine were rather large! Wondering what came of your situation if you’re still active on forum?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #60635 by Junebug83
Replied by Junebug83 on topic Painless blood in urine kidney stone Q
I am aware of that, I was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience as to what I had the past week and a half. Thanks :)

3 years 1 month ago #60634 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Painless blood in urine kidney stone Q
I think that you should discuss your question with your doctor. Have to remember that we are not physicians here, just patients like yourself. Your doctor is familiar with your particular case and should be made aware of your questions and concerns.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

3 years 1 month ago #60633 by Junebug83
Replied by Junebug83 on topic Painless blood in urine kidney stone Q
Hi thank you for your reply:)
So if a kidney stone is incidentally found an a ultrasound that could be the cause of the blood in the urine?
I had enough to think it was menstral related I would have never guesses one could bleed like that due to a non emergent medical issue., it changed from day to day in colour.
I quit smoking last Feb, best decision ever!
Thoughts on this please and thank you:)

3 years 1 month ago #60632 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Painless blood in urine kidney stone Q
There are MANY causes for urinary blood and many times a cause is never found. Yes, it can be a sign of bladder cancer and should be checked out with a doctor but usually it is not bladder cancer. And yes, kidney stones can cause it.

Do you have any factors which would make you a "good candidate" for bladder cancer? Age? Smoker?

My advice would be to discuss your fears with your doctor and then watch carefully for any other issues. Ask your doctor to check for non-visible urinary blood in a few months. And watch out for that kidney stone!

Sara Anne

PS I noted that you had a post with a similar question on another thread. I deleted that post since the thread was over 12 years old and you were unlikely to get a reply.

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #60631 by Junebug83
Painless blood in urine kidney stone Q was created by Junebug83
I have had painless bleeding 3 days the a bit of pink on and off. I did find out I have a non obstructing kidney stone. Do kidney stones cause bleeding if they are painless and non obstructing the stone is 8mm. The bleeding was quite heavy first couple days. It’s been a week still no pain. Thought it was time of  month due to amount of blood. No UTI or other explanations as have been cleared of those. My doctor says it wouldn’t be the source, but I still feel uneasy because of his lack of follow up, as he feels this kidney stone is a non issue.. anyone have a painless kidney stone causing blood in urine.  Has been red dark red pink rusty brown... (I know that’s old blood) without any pain?? Thank you for any help! 

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne