Lower abdominal and back pain after TURBT one month after surgery

2 years 3 months ago #61095 by Alan
Welcome Elsbells,

A backache could be many things or nothing. It is something I would let your medical team handle as anything I would say is an uneducated guess.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #61094 by Elsbells
Hi from the UK :)

I had my TURBT procedure on the 21 December 2021.  3cm tumor removed.  I have had the usual feeling of "peeing razorblades" but my main concern is my back ache that I cannot seem to shift.  I am hoping that this is usual.  I wish they would tell you of any after affects :( 

Thanks

3 years 2 months ago #60462 by Alan
These issues should have subsided fairly quickly so I would let your Doc know as you are now almost 4 weeks out. Some discomfort is common, especially depending on how much cutting and burning is done but, this is too long ago.

One extra note. Second TURBs are almost always done when the first DX is high grade as a double check for making sure good margins are done.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

3 years 2 months ago #60461 by jkrief
I had TURBT on 12/30.  A high grade superficial tumor was removed.  My recovery has been uneventful and I have been experiencing the normal post surgical symptoms.  I will be having a second TURBT the first week of February.

I had burning for a while.  I was tested for a UTI, and results were negative.

I have been experiencing lower abdominal and back pain since a few days ago, which would be into my 3rd week after surgery.  If I take ibuprofen, it typically feels better.

My pre-surgical appointment with my doctor is tomorrow, and so, I will ask him about these recent symptoms.

But, has anyone had a similar experience and if so, what was the diagnosis, etc.?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne