Thank you for this forum!

3 years 4 months ago #60313 by nanpug
Replied by nanpug on topic Thank you for this forum!
Thank you for your encouragement Sara Anne!
I was scheduled for 3 BCG treatments in February. Depending on the outcome of the lab analysis we shall see if this changes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago #60310 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Thank you for this forum!
Welcome!! Your journey has certainly been a rocky one. It sounds as if your uro is doing everything right....wish more would do a second TURB when there is even a shadow of doubt about a diagnosis or whether everything was removed.

You are learning first hand the nasty little secret of bladder cancer....it can and often does return. IF your current situation is such a return it will be interesting to see if the uro decides on a second course of BCG or tries something else.

Please let us know where your journey leads...and best of luck to you

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

3 years 4 months ago #60309 by nanpug
Thank you for this forum! was created by nanpug
I was diagnosed with High Grade Papillary Carcinoma in April. I had my first TURBT that same month. I had numerous large volume tumors that was invading the second layer of my bladder.
What is amazing to me is I had no discomfort; I did pass a blood clot in February/March. In April I urinated pure blood. Even with COVID precautions they were able to fast track me for a CT Scan. My URO was amazed at the quantity and size of my tumors.

My URO performed a second TURBT in early June and did extensive biopsies. Residual cancer cells were found and removed. I had my six week protocol of BCG in July and August.

In November I had a Cystopocy (sp) and everything looked great! I felt on top of the world! I got a call the week of Thanksgiving. Low Grade Urethial Neoplasms were detected in my urine.

On December 3rd I had my third surgery where a small tumor was removed. Due to a heavy caseload at the outside lab I am still waiting to hear if the tumor is cancerous.

Bladder cancer is like a roller coaster; so many highs and lows..

Thank you for this forum!!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne