2nd Cystoscopy in a few days

3 years 3 months ago #60305 by joea73
Replied by joea73 on topic 2nd Cystoscopy in a few days
Everyone gets nervous before cystoscopy.
But I would not worry about it if you are 29 years old.
For anyone who is under 30 years old, the chance of being diagnosed with bladder cancer is extremely small.
I.e. the stats in the State of New York, 4 persons per 1 million get diagnosed with bladder cancer for people between the age of 25 and 29.

www.health.ny.gov/statistics/cancer/registry/table6/tb6bladdernewyork.htm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Junebug92

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #60256 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic 2nd Cystoscopy in a few days
I understand that you are worried. It is only natural. It just a word about urine cytology tests. A few “abnormal-looking”cells showed up in your urine sample. This indicates that it is possible that there might be something going on and this type of result shows the need for a second look just in case. However, these tests are notorious for giving false positives, suggesting the presence of a malignancy when there is none there. We will hope that this is the case here. It your doctor is doing exactly the right thing by keeping an eye on you.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Junebug92

3 years 3 months ago #60255 by Junebug92
2nd Cystoscopy in a few days was created by Junebug92
I apologize for posting here again. I forgot to reply back with how things went 6 months ago.I am 28 years old. 6 months ago I had blood in my urine. I was not able to get in to the doctor for a week or two but when I went they also found blood in my urine. It was not painful. It also had happened during my pregnancy a few months before I gave birth. My doctor gave me a referral to the urologist. They found no bacteria or infection or kidney or bladder stones. My cystoscopy went well but my urine cytology results came back with Rare Atypical Cells and my doctor said it worried him a little. He told me to come back in 6 months for another cystoscopy(which is happening soon). I find myself getting all nervous again. I'm just still confused on what those types of cells are. He didn't really answer my questions about them.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne