Nervous...questions

3 years 4 months ago #60253 by Pnlpe6
Replied by Pnlpe6 on topic Nervous...questions
Thanks Alan. Waiting is turning out to be more difficult than I anticipated...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #60252 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Nervous...questions
They usually tell you what they see. Some even have screens that you can follow. I wouldn't get to excited over either. IF, they see anything suspicious you will then probably have a TURB/biopsy. Then and only then, will you know anything. Too many guesses are wrong. Mine saw a papillary tumor and guessing (and warned me it was a guess) it was low grade. It turned out as high grade. Several posters have reported their URO saw something.....that turned out to be nothing.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

3 years 4 months ago #60251 by Pnlpe6
I thought of another question. If the urologist sees something suspicious during the cystoscopy will he say he sees something then or no? Will I have to wait even longer to hear if he suspects cancer? Thanks in advance

3 years 4 months ago #60237 by Pnlpe6
Thank you so much. :)

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #60236 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Nervous...questions
Welcome Pnipe6,

Yes, your progression of tests are appropriate. Checking for a UTI and antibiotics to rule out an infection are the start. 3 or more UTI's in a year are a reason to study further which is a cystoscopy. IF there is anything found suspicious a biopsy is usually scheduled after as a day surgery with light sedation/anesthesia. Also, a CT scan is usually done at this point to check the whole urinary tract.

Keep in mind your symptoms often reflect benign problems from passing stones, different infections maybe to the kidney, to who knows what including some causes they never find a reason for. The waiting is no fun. The best advice is simply take one day at at time.

Post away as you go and have questions.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

3 years 4 months ago #60235 by Pnlpe6
Nervous...questions was created by Pnlpe6
Hi. I just have some questions. I have been having some blood in my urine, frequency, urgency and waking up at night to urinate. I had a negative urine and 2 rounds of antibiotics for a UTI. I'm waiting for a cystoscopy and cytology to be performed. If the urologist finds something suspicious during the cystoscopy does he do a biopsy then or is that at a separate appointment? TIA

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne