Biopsy results soon

3 years 4 months ago #60187 by Beach54
Replied by Beach54 on topic Biopsy results soon
Thanks Alan, really appreciate the information. I will be getting a second opinion on the biopsy and any further treatment recommendation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #60186 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Biopsy results soon
Welcome Beach54,

You are down the road most of us have traveled with different forks in it. First, as rare as it sounds, you simply have to wait on the biopsy as sometimes it has been DX as something different. A cystoscopy alone isn't enough. Often a second TURB is almost always done when the DX is high grade or when there are questions on the "margins"....so that is pretty standard. Targeted chemo? If this should be high grade but, non invasive into the muscle, the immunotherapy agent called BCG is almost always done or a chemo agent. These are instilled into the bladder via catheter. You can read more about this on the web site. If he is concerned that a tumor has invaded deeper then some type of chemo is often used as a prelude to a cystectomy.

You still don't know enough so take this one day at a time....and that is the hard part. Also, if you have any doubts get a second opinion for peace of mind and fresh eyes. Look for a teaching hospital or a major hospital that sees a lot of bladder cancer. Too many are best known for prostate cancer and issues.

Ask away as you go.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

3 years 4 months ago #60185 by Beach54
Biopsy results soon was created by Beach54
Hi all, could use some help. I had several episodes of blood in urine in late July/early August and was diagnosed with bladder cancer at the end of October based on cystoscopy. Uro said that he could scrap the two spots of cancer out and, depending on biopsy, I may need follow-up targeted chemo. Had TURBT a week ago and should get biopsy results soon. I am worried because Uro had to go deeper than planned and I needed to have a catheter and bag for a day. Bleeding was minor and stopped by the evening of that day. Uro also mention that margins needed to be checked with biopsy so it seems to me that me was not confident he got it all. I am worried and expect additional treatment will be needed. I could use your experience and help moving forward. Thanks

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne