wonder what percentage of people with my diagnosis get to keep their bladder?

3 years 5 months ago #60111 by sara.anne
There are just so many uncertainties, and, as Alan has said, we are all individuals and all different. A lot of the statistics that you read do not apply to you.

Here is a thread that contains a video that may answer a few of your questions

bladdercancersupport.org/forum/8-non-invasive-superficial-bladder-cancer-questions-and-comments/47229-carcinoma-in-situ-dignosis.html#60107

Other than that, you are just going to need to relax and get on with the treatment.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lorraineanne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #60110 by Alan
I don't recall what the %'s were on the studies I have read but, TA and T1 and high grade the majority still statistically will be able to retain their bladders. I never have tried to memorize actual numbers because everyone is different. The majority of us that have or had bladder cancer will pass away from something else. Like most cancers, early detection is the key.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lorraineanne

3 years 5 months ago #60106 by Lorraineanne
I have just been diagnosed with non-invasive, high grade, Toa, papillary urothelial carcinoma, started BCg last week, will do 6 weeks and likely 6 more weeks

Just wondering how many people with my similar diagnosis get to keep their bladders?

8/20 tumor found, 2 TURB with stent, tumor resected from bladder, another portion lasered from ureter, Toa,papillary urothelial carcinoma, non-invasive, high grade, BCG began Oct 22,2020

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne