PUNLMP

3 years 6 months ago #60059 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic PUNLMP
Your husband is very fortunate. If someone is going to "get involved" with bladder cancer, this is the best diagnosis to have. He had a small growth, sort of like a mushroom, growing out from the bladder lining. His urologist removed this and the pathology report showed that it was abnormal, with cells that appeared to be multiplying much more slowly than the usual bladder cancer cells.

The usual treatment for this is "watchful waiting." He will probably have relatively frequent urology exams to be sure that no more little mushrooms show up. IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT HE KEEP UP WITH THESE EXAMS. It is likely that nothing more will happen, but they will want to be sure that he remains clear.

As I said, your husband is lucky that this was found and that it was removed. Yes, bladder cancer usually is found in older, male smokers. But for many of us, a cause is never found and this is true for many cancers.

Your husband should do very well!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago #60058 by Amy85
PUNLMP was created by Amy85
Hello,

My husband has recently been diagnosed with a Papillary Urothelial Neoplasm of Low Malignant Potential (PUNLMP). This was an incidental finding, so it is a big shock. He is only 41 years old and does not have any risk factors that typically accompany bladder cancer. We have 3 very small children. As many of you would know, this cancer diagnosis has rocked our world.

I would be very interested to hear from those of you who have had a PUNLMP and what your experience has been.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne