ReTUR

3 years 7 months ago #59820 by Dd
Replied by Dd on topic ReTUR
Thank you:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #59819 by joea73
Replied by joea73 on topic ReTUR
I have found Googling about Urine antiseptic. I do not understand completely but it sounds right. It was posted by a doctor of Pharmacology of Lithuanian University of Health Sciences Kaunas, Lithuania

Many people usually get confused with the terms "antibiotic" and "synthetic antimicrobial". I suppose, instead of "synthetic antimicrobial drug" you use a term "antiseptic". Antibiotic is usually described as a substance of natural origin (plant, bacteria, fungi etc.) which was synthesized in a live organism in order to fight with infections coming from surrounding area - other live organism (thus it is called "anti-biotic"). Of course, nowadays many antibiotics are semi-synthetic or even synthetic, made purely by synthesis, as the natural antibiotics are often not very stable. Synthetic antimicrobial drugs usually are made by chemical synthesis (eg. sulfanilamides, nitrofurans, quinolones etc.). The latter group is used very often for urinary tract infections as most of fluoroquinolones are active against gram-negative bacteria causing those infections. As this group is very popular for such indication, commonly it is called "urinary antiseptics". Several aminoglycosides (antibiotics) also may be indicated for urinary tract infections, but they should be administered i.v., thus synthetic antimicrobials are more popular as they can be used orally.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dd

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #59817 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic ReTUR
Urine antiseptic and not antibiotic? I am sorry but, I have never heard of such a thing.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #59815 by Dd
Replied by Dd on topic ReTUR
Thank you Alan,
His urine culture was clean,no infection,but he was given a course of urine antisepic,could it be a kind of preparation for bcg?

3 years 7 months ago #59814 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic ReTUR
Sounds pretty normal to me. Usually the 2nd TURB is a "touch up" or more "look see". Just depends of how much they actually do. Also, I was warned on my 1st that I would probably pass blood and clots 14-17 days after. I did. If I was not warned I would have freaked out. The important key is always make sure he doesn't run a fever.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dd

3 years 7 months ago #59808 by Dd
ReTUR was created by Dd
Sorry to bother you again,I have one more question;
My brother experienced heavy bleeding after his first TUR,but very little bleeding after the second one. do you think it is normal?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne