Percentage of malignant bladder polyps

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #59758 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Percentage of malignant bladder polyps
Post away as you go. The volunteers here are great and want to listen and having been there and done that is often good! Let's hope your hubby's growth is nothing!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #59757 by Autumnplanner
Replied by Autumnplanner on topic Percentage of malignant bladder polyps
Thank you, Alan, your answer was helpful. As I’m sure you know, not knowing is hard. Will try to be patient.

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #59756 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Percentage of malignant bladder polyps
Autumnplanner,

Welcome. I am not sure there is any definitive answer to the question of how many are cancerous. What you have described is probably a papillary growth. Sometimes they are benign or symptomatic of something else although I would guess the majority are a cancerous growth.

If there is anything I have learned with several other health issues is: "take it one day at a time". Easy for me to say now that I am healthy. That is all we can control. After the cystoscope your husband likely will be scheduled for a TURB (transurethral resection of the bladder) which is fancy words for a biopsy under a short anesthesia. He is fortunate to have a caring wife and caregiver. You still won't really know much until AFTER the pathology tells you what this actually is. Speculation is wasted effort. So, patience is the word. If this is bladder cancer it is very treatable and beatable.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

3 years 7 months ago #59755 by Autumnplanner
Percentage of malignant bladder polyps was created by Autumnplanner
Hi, just joined after searching unsuccessfully for info on bladder polyps. Dr. found cauliflower shaped mass on My husbands bladder and wants to do a cystoscopy. Still waiting for appt so trying to find out what the percentage of these are benign. Would be helpful mentally to prepare. The doctor didn’t actually call it a polyp, just “something shaped like cauliflower.”

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne