MBIC

3 years 7 months ago #59673 by Beloved66
Replied by Beloved66 on topic MBIC
I would appreciate any post-op experiences after diversion surgeries. Specifically, what was the recovery like and how did it change your lifestyle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #59672 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic MBIC
BCG is a modified tuberculosis bacteria preparation that is instilled into the bladder to stimulate the immune system so that it can reject the cancer cells. It can be very effective in high grade bladder cancer that has not spread beyond the bladder lining. If I remember correctly, yours is muscle invasive, so BCG would not be used in your case.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

3 years 7 months ago #59671 by Beloved66
My tumor was a urothelial carcinoma and it measured 2.5x2.5x0.3cm. I say was, because it was removed during a TURBT.

What is BCG?

Also, is there any advice anyone has in regards to the type of chemos treatments that are available.

3 years 7 months ago #59660 by ckfun
Replied by ckfun on topic MBIC
Hello,
My husband was diagnosed with an adenocarcinoma bladder cancer-- muscle invasive.
Do you know the type of tumor you are dealing with? size of tumor (cm)?

Urothelial carcinoma. Urothelial carcinoma (or UCC) accounts for about 90% of all bladder cancers. ...
Squamous cell carcinoma. Squamous cells develop in the bladder lining in response to irritation and inflammation. ...
Adenocarcinoma.

In my husband's case surgery is the only option with chemo.
We have been to Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, FL.
~carol

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #59659 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic MBIC
Adding via attachment a questionnaire that I saved years ago. There are simply too many questions so pick those that pertain to your situation.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
Attachments:

3 years 7 months ago #59658 by Beloved66
Thank you for the information. I will look at the link you sent so that I am better prepared when I go see the surgeon next week. Any additional info that you can share that you think would be helpful in making my decision would be much obliged.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne