Hello

3 years 10 months ago #59448 by busaman
Replied by busaman on topic Hello
hi mike. i was recently diagnosed with 4 tumors. i had the tumor removal surgery. they were malignant but did not invade into the muscle. then last week the doc did a bladder biopsy, which is another surgery. i am waiting for the results on that. they just took out my catheter this morning. so far, having the catheter in me 4 days after each procedure was the worst part. i guess my next step will be to get the therapy which they call BCG. read about it. i've had to read about all of this on my own because my doctor doesn't really explain too much. this site seems to be vey helpful and someone answers your questions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcather

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 10 months ago #59447 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Hello
Mike,

Welcome. I don't know what the real % is on a cysto showing a growth that turns up as cancer. I suspect it is actually lower than 90%. However, it makes no difference as I have learned it is one day at a time on almost on anything in life.

Perhaps the most important thing to remember, if it is bladder cancer it is treatable and beatable. Keep posting as you go, we all learn from each other.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcather

3 years 10 months ago #59446 by mcather
Hello was created by mcather
Just joined. My urologist found a growth in my bladder and if I understand this right, more than 90% are usually cancerous. I have surgery on June 17th. and have had a turp for BPH and numerous kidney stone removals. I've had and survived breast cancer in 2015 and had chemo for 6 months. Looking forward to knowing people here.
Mike

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne