Blood clots and black specks in urine for 3 weeks: scared

3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #59410 by Alan
As Sara Anne said the majority of times this is not bladder cancer. Should it be, it IS treatable and beatable. You are doing the correct thing to track down the issue. Cystoscopy with a TURB and probably a CT scan after the TURB as you say you have had prostate problems is probably your protocol. I know, it is easy for me now, it is one day at a time. Keep us posted as we all learn from each other and someone is listening.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #59409 by fenran
I had cystoscopy yesterday. They found that my bladder had a lot of inflammation in the walls (erythematous), with a lot of blood vessels, really red. There were other zones with white skin peeling-off. So my diagnosis was “chronic Cystitis of unknown origin”. I have to be scheduled for biopsy. I’m thinking the worse...

3 years 11 months ago #59391 by fenran
Thank you very much for your answer.:unsure: I'll keep you updated.

3 years 11 months ago #59390 by sara.anne
While signs of blood in the urine can be a symptom of bladder cancer, in most cases they aren't. Of course it does need to be checked out but many times the cause is never found.

Good luck!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

3 years 11 months ago #59388 by fenran
Greetings my friends, I'm writing to you to ask for another opinion.

I'm male, 45 years old, non smoker.

3 weeks ago, after a DRE (digital rectal examination) I started to see tiny blood clots in the urine. Not visible blood: only small clots. Only 1 or 2, from time to time, really tiny (less than 1 mm). Days later, instead clots, I watched black specks, lice scabs or old clots. Urine was clear, no blood or red color, never. Days later, after sex,I watched blood clots again. It stopped, and there were the black specks again. Now, I only have the black specks (and dark brown, sometimes), and from time to time, what it looks like small brown tissue. Sex stress looks that can make things worse.

A really important issue is that I had TURP (prostate surgery) 14 months ago, but it healed ok.

I have some pelvic pain, more near the groin. I'm going to do an sonogram to see it.

Of course, because all or this, I visited and uro, and I was tested for UT infection. No infection, everything ok, I only had 1-5 red cells per field (really light microhematuria, obvious because I had blood clots).

I had an pelvic-uro-CT, with contrast, and the results were normal. No stones, no tumours detected.

I can't have a cystoscopy yet, because the conavid-19 situation. My last cystoscopy was last year and it was ok. In january I had and pelvic echography and everything was ok.

My uro doens't know what is producing the bleeding, until the cystoscopy is done, but we have to wait. I think the 2 possibilities are the prostate (maybe is weak from the last year surgery) or the bladder. I know that CT scan can't detect tiny or flat growings, so I'm a bit ansious/scared.

I know you can't diagnose me, but, what fo you think? Thank yo very much for reading me.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne