Urethra Discharge 6 weeks post BCG Induction

3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #59370 by Shacky73
Replied by Shacky73 on topic Urethra Discharge 6 weeks post BCG Induction
Went to local urologist at suggestion from MSK. All cultures still negative. Urologist decided I needed to be scoped right away. She got me in next day!

No obvious problems with urethra. Prostate restricting flow. Feels most of my symptoms are due to the prostate.

Then she looked at bladder. I hear "I don't like this, and this..." I look at screen and see red areas. After study she met with me and first thing she says is "have you been told cystectomy is possibility"? Said we need to do biopsies to assess but looks like suspicious areas even after the aggressive treatment I've had to date - 6 weeks Mitomycin in Fall and 6 weeks Tokyo BCG in Feb-March.

I asked he to consult with MSK and I spoke with NP there as well. At first MSK thought she may have overstepped her role. But after local urologist spoke with MSK NP and she with Dr. Bochner they agree TURBT indicated and easiest to do local with results/slides then shared with MSK for them to evaluate as well - due to COVID restrictions in NYC.

So trying not to panic. As I've seen many post here, the waiting is sometimes the hardest part!

I continue to have painful urgency, painful initiation of voiding, and at night mucus/puss looking discharge.

With COVID situation in NY it may be a while.

T1 Grade 3 with CIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #59337 by Shacky73
I've been having what I thought were painful bladder spasms, pain initiating void, small voiding volume and tissue in urine since completing 6 weeks BCG induction - Tokyo Full Dose via clinical trial.

2 weeks ago my PCP ordered culture which came back negative. Today I woke up to obvious discharge so has to be infection somewhere.

Waiting for PCP and MSK to call. Hoping antibiotics will ease my symptoms.

Has anyone had this?

T1 Grade 3 with CIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne