Pain and dysuria after BCG induction

3 years 11 months ago #59402 by Knifedealer
Replied by Knifedealer on topic Pain and dysuria after BCG induction
Good job. Keep it up. You can beat this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #59396 by P2157
Replied by P2157 on topic Pain and dysuria after BCG induction
Had my first BCG induction this morning. Glad to have it over with just to know what happens. It was fairly painless and quick. Was able to make it the full 2 hrs but the last 20 minutes were a challenge. So far mild effects. Discomfort in what I assume is my bladder, aching and burning with void. 5 more to go and if they are like this one I'll be happy. Even if their not anything that beats this cancer is what I'll do. Thanks to all that are contributing to this forum. Really helps when your new to this and hear from those that have been there.

Paul

4 years 1 week ago #59310 by Shacky73
Replied by Shacky73 on topic Pain and dysuria after BCG induction
Going on 5 weeks post 6th dose. Passing tissue 90% of the time. I hadn’t been looking for it but now that I am it’s incredible. This is in 90cc void:

share.icloud.com/photos/0I0Pb97-TBtMSg40CHiDy2TKg

T1 Grade 3 with CIS

4 years 1 week ago #59309 by Knifedealer
Replied by Knifedealer on topic Pain and dysuria after BCG induction
Alan wrote: "Mine was so long ago some details have left the brain."
Since on any given day I can't seem to remember what I had for dinner the night before, from day 1 I began keeping a short journal, including dates, procedures, and any other relevant information. I'm glad I did. Looking back through the journal, I've been through a lot in a short period.

Shacky wrote: "I will pay more attention to the scope this time." My wife often accompanies me into the treatment room during cystoscopies. My urologist welcomes it, actually. She sits off to the side and is my second set of eyes and ears. It's been helpful because there have been times I've missed something he's said, possibly due to being distracted by the procedure itself or just poor recall. She is glued to the monitor and has used her cell phone to video the procedure once. It's posted up on Youtube. A screenshot is attached.

Shacky I'm amazed to see that much tissue so far out. Studies comparing BCG strains in head‐to‐head trials suggest that the strain used can influence the clinical outcomes. Hopefully your response to the Tokyo strain is indicative of the BCG doing a great job and your days of dysuria will soon be behind you, forever.
Attachments:

4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #59302 by Shacky73
4 weeks from induction and I’m still passing tissue!

share.icloud.com/photos/0jodJhhaihpr_LahXkoOOyoig

T1 Grade 3 with CIS

4 years 4 weeks ago #59264 by Shacky73
I still have that 2 weeks out.

T1 Grade 3 with CIS

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne