Bladder cancer treatments after proton radiation for Prostate cancer 8 years ago

4 years 3 months ago #58899 by Alan
Jaaaycol,

Welcome. I am just sorry for the reason to be here and just wanted to reassure you your post is being seen. From your question I presume you are now being treated for bladder cancer after prostate cancer?

I don't recall anyone who has gone the same set of circumstances so let's hope someone will have additional insight. If you are passing blood BCG should not be instilled as it could crossover into the blood stream. So, you may have to wait another period to get the clear. The good news is most tumors do not grow that fast so another 2 weeks probably won't make much difference. Keep asking away as questions come up. Someone should be around with a "been there and done that".

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #58898 by Jaaaycol
Has anyone had non invasive bladder cancer after Prostate proton radiation? I have chronic pain after the first scrapping. I have had three total procedures. One to stop the constant bleeding. My urologist says my pain is from my previous radiation and the Prostate is irritated and may never go away. My main concern is that I can’t find anyone with a similar circumstance. I was set up twice for BCG but twice bled within a two week period so they called it off. Very frustrating.
Thanks
Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne