× Welcome click the New Topic button to post

BCG and waiting

2 months 3 weeks ago #59301 by Shacky73
Congrats! I finished my initial 6 four weeks ago.

T1 Grade 3 with CIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #59299 by DonaldK
GREGIL

Congrats, the first 6 are done. I tolerated those very well as you mention.

I have just completed my third round on the 1st of April, so just about a year into the treatment protocol.

In may I will have another cystoscope to 'see' how the bladder looks.

Doc tells me I am doing great, but for me each treatment round has gotten progressively harder to tolerate.

I know I have a big break now before the next round so once I heal up from this round I will be good.

Keep up your spirits and trust that everything will go according to plans.

Stay safe and we will all get through this (COVID-19 & treatment) together.

Ciao

Hi Grade T1 CIS

2 months 3 weeks ago #59298 by Alan
The most important 6 are done. Whatever maintenance may be ahead you have a big leg on ending this! Thanks for sharing.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

2 months 3 weeks ago #59296 by GREGIL
I had my 6th BCG treatment on Monday. People who say the after effects get worse as you go are correct. Monday afternoon was a little rough with nausea, and urgency. I slept most of Tuesday and Wednesday.I finally feel back to normal today. In 6 weeks I will undergo tests to evaluate my condition. Thanks for all your support. Greg

3 months 1 week ago #59260 by DonaldK
GREGIL

I don't know how close you and you brother are, but I know family support is so important to me. I would not be making it through all this if it weren't for my brothers.

I am in my third round of treatments and I too have pain - I had posted some time ago about this.

We have postponed the final course for this round another week to see if my bladder calms down(severe spasms) - doc said all we might get in this time is two treatments.

My fear is that if I can't get all three treatments in then I will not be able to continue in the research study (which is covering the cost of the BCG treatment).

Please all - take care and stay safe through this time of difficulty.

I appreciate all the support I have received from this group.

Ciao

Hi Grade T1 CIS

3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #59259 by Alan
Hey, focus on both of you are alive beating this. It is ALL good. Lot's of people with worse problems especially now. All things I know you have already processed. Glad you got to the U of Iowa.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add Files.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne

Users

Total Online: 0 Users and 73 Guests 

Statistics

Today Total Opened: 0 Today Total Answered: 0 Latest User: buypmpexams
Yesterday Total Opened: 1 Yesterday Total Answered: 0
Total Posts: 53783 Total Subjects: 7051 Total Users: 6552