Just told today have a 3 cm tumor

4 years 2 months ago #58843 by DonaldK
Replied by DonaldK on topic Just told today have a 3 cm tumor
Moody

Welcome, TURBT, pathology, treatment plan are the typical method after initial determination of a tumor.

The hope is that cystectomy is the final option as there are a number of treatment plans out there with really great results.

A gentleman I know from my AA meetings had a neo-bladder last year, he has not told me of any 'restrictions' per say, so new normal's as you mention - he had to learn about emptying as the musculature and nerve intervention is gone. He is an avid triathlete, and as far I know he is still involved in many of the physical aspects he has enjoyed for many years.

Everyone is unique, but have faith in a positive outcome for your situation.

Hi Grade T1 CIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 3 months ago #58793 by Moody
Replied by Moody on topic Just told today have a 3 cm tumor
Thank you for reply...very appreciated. Are there urologists that specialize in just women??? Had 2 urinary tract infections. Frequent urinating. The urine test showed negative for infection. Next ultra sound, tumor in bladder. Needless to say very surprised. I have read a lot. I know a man that got a new bladder at university of Chicago many years ago. Than I read where doctor gave no restrictions on lifestyle after neobladder. I keep wondering how normal your life will be ....yes I believe a new normal.

4 years 3 months ago #58788 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Just told today have a 3 cm tumor
Sorry that you have to be here....but welcome!

The "usual" procedure is that an area of concern is noted either from a cystoscopy exam or CT scan. Then a TURB is done to a. provide tissue for pathology exam and b. remove as much of the tumor(s) as possible. ONLY AFTER THE RESULTS OF THE PATH EXAM ARE IN WILL THE DOCTOR KNOW IF IT IS CANCER OR NOT. The path report will tell if it is cancer, what grade it is (high grade or low grade) and if it is still confined to the bladder lining. This will determine what treatment is needed, if any.

It appears that your doctor is doing the right thing!

Good luck to you

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

4 years 3 months ago #58787 by Moody
Just told today have a 3 cm tumor was created by Moody
I was told to have a turbt, he would scrape growth and remove it and get biopsy.
I read where a lady had chemo first . She did not mention if she had a biopsy
Does every one always have this procedure first

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne