Very confused...bladder mass found incidentally

4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #58603 by Alan
Your doc is doing his due diligence! The retro pylegram will look all the way into your kidneys. My wife had one of these some 30+ years ago when she was passing blood of unknown origin. We never did find a cause...could have been a stone, stones nicking inside? Anyway, that should define anything if in fact there is anything at all. Let us know how it goes.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #58602 by limich37
Thank you Jessica and Alan for clarification on that. I checked out the patient portal and saw the doctor has me scheduled for another Cystoscope with Retrograde pylegram with Mitimyocin C in January.

I’m calling Monday because I’m very confused as to what in the world is going on!

I noticed this was added on Friday after business hours. I just wasn’t notified of this.

Is my doctor highly suspicious or just being careful? I would think she wouldn’t introduce a bladder chemo unless she knew for certain.

I hope I’ll have more clarity on Monday.

Sorry to go on about this. Things just seem to keep getting weirder. I feel like I’m in the Twilight Zone. LOL

4 years 4 months ago #58597 by Alan
Limich37,

Cytology has a history of false positives, more so on low grade tumors than high. While it is helpful, in itself it is not nearly enough info to diagnose what may or may not be going on. The cystoscopy as your next test will be helpful on seeing what that "mass" might be. IF your URO sees any suspicious areas they will schedule a TURB to take samples to biopsy, burn and cut those out. It is usually day surgery. I have learned beyond that answering questions is almost useless because all it is a guess and none of us are doctors. Best thing to do is take one day at a time...which is hard. The important thing is you are taking steps to find answers and if serious taking steps to beat it.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

4 years 4 months ago #58596 by Jessica0927
Replied by Jessica0927 on topic Very confused...bladder mass found incidentally
I read somewhere that cytology can be false negative with low grade cancers. I don’t really know though? I’m sure Wednesday can’t come soon enough! My dad goes Tuesday. Keep us posted.

4 years 4 months ago #58595 by limich37
Hi,

My urine cytology came back negative for bladder cancer. I do have the mass in my bladder being checked out on Wednesday next week. If the urine is negative does it mean the mass will be too?

4 years 4 months ago #58580 by limich37
Thank you so much for your guys response!

Jessica: I’m hoping for a positive outcome as well for your dad and myself.
I know the waiting game is the hardest part in all of this.

Sara.Anne: Thank you for all the helpful information!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne