Very confused...bladder mass found incidentally

4 years 4 months ago #58569 by Jessica0927
Replied by Jessica0927 on topic Very confused...bladder mass found incidentally
Going thru this with my dad. CT scan sees something and he does have microscopic blood in his urine and a few days of gross hematuria. He goes for cysto next week. My friend is a urology nurse and she did say sometimes CT sees “something” and they get in there and it’s nothing....so there is hope. Clearly something is causing your symptoms (and my dads bleeding)....so you are both doing the right thing. Considering your age I think your chances are favorable. Hang in there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #58568 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Very confused...bladder mass found incidentally
About all I can really tell you is that you did the right thing to drop that urologist and get a new one .

Your urologist will probably want to do a biopsy on your bladder to determine the nature of the mass seen on the CT-Urogram. Until you have the information from that test no one has any idea for sure what this might be .

Please let us know the results of your doctor visit tomorrow . Will be thinking good thoughts for you

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

4 years 4 months ago #58567 by limich37
Hi,

I’m a 37 year old female and I’ve always had various bladder and kidney issues. I get kidney stones etc....

I had a cystoscope this past July for some weird spot a ct scan showed. The cystoscope was normal and the doctor didn’t see any weird spot. So I thought that’s a good thing and went on about my business.

Well I ended back up at the Urologist for an embarrassing problem, I have severe incontinence that came on suddenly, like full on bed wetting and loss of bladder control at times.

There the Urologist brushed me off and told me he was at the end of the rope with me, yes he actually said that! I left in tears!

I was then referred to a second urologist recommended by my obgyn. I see her again tomorrow.

She ordered a ct urogram last week that ended up showing something puzzling...

I have a 2.5 cm mass on the right side of the bladder! The same spot that I had that weird blemish that showed up on ct in July!

Did the previous doctor overlook it? Granted he has no bedside manner but I was confident he knew what he was doing.

Or is it a mistake on the radiologist part?

I see the new urologist again tomorrow so I’ll get better clarity.

It’s just confusing.

Plus I feel crazy because I feel like I have a uti now for several weeks but all urine sent off to be cultured from different providers all come back showing no infection!

I’m going around the clock to the bathroom and leaking badly.

I don’t think a 2.5 cm mass can affect my bladder?

I trust this new urologist and I feel confident she’ll further investigate rather then brush me off.

Sorry for the novel. I’m not worried or scared. I’m just puzzled...puzzled with the medical field and the run around I’ve been given.

Thanks for any input

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne