Still have painful urination 3 weeks after TURBT

4 years 7 months ago #58157 by Jjbrown
I had painful urination for 6 weeks after Turbt. I think it really depends on your surgeon and how much they have to remove. 6 months later now though and all is back to normal. You will be too, in due time. Good luck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago #58143 by NelsJenn
I had a serious pain management issue with my TURBTs.

The opioids didn't work for me since I developed intestinal cramps and constipation from them in the longrun.

Advil and Tylenol would give me constipation and intestinal ulcers.

Cannabis tinctures worked! I started using cannabis for it's CBD and THC properties.

Regards, Nelson

Bladder Cancer - Non-Invasive 2019
High Grade - T1
2 TURBT - 2019
9 BCG Infusions - 2019
Ureter Tumor Discovered - 2021

4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #58094 by Alan
Rawfish 54,

Welcome! 3 weeks post with painful urination while not normal for most you may be one that needs a little more time. 5 different areas being cut is a little more than the norm for most. Have you contacted back your provider or are you saying it is 2 days since they added some remedies? Also, there are some pain meds that might also help with the pain and get you over the hump.

The good news is you are DX with non invasive, low grade cancer so that is good news.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

4 years 8 months ago #58092 by rawfish54
Hi, new to the group. I had a TURBT on 7/17 where they removed 5 small tumors
approximately 2mm each. I received the results of the biopsy this week and the cancer is
low grade non invasive. My only problem is that after 3 weeks it still hurts when
I urinate. I had a small laceration on the urethra from the catheter that caused some
bleeding on the 7th day after the TURBT (4 days after the catheter was removed) but the bleeding was only on that one day. My URO prescribed some Chinese herbs, vitamin C, and B12 to help speed up the healing process but I've only been on that for 2 days. Is it normal to have painful urination 3 weeks after TURBT?

I'm an expat in Japan and had the TURBT in a Japanese hospital.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne