Waiting for results tomorrow and scared

4 years 9 months ago #57901 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Waiting for results tomorrow and scared
That is GREAT news. Everything you have reported sounds "right on." CIS usually occurs with papillary...it is just another form of the same thing, a cancer of the cells of the bladder lining. BCG is the way to go.

You have covered all bases with your multiple exams and the consult at Stanford. Couldn't be in a better place.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neelloo2626

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #57899 by shamrock
Replied by shamrock on topic Waiting for results tomorrow and scared
Hi Neelloo! I am glad for you and wish you and your dad many good lucks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neelloo2626

4 years 9 months ago #57894 by Neelloo2626
Replied by Neelloo2626 on topic Waiting for results tomorrow and scared
Dear Sara Anne-

We got results back and everything was clear. Doctor said there is no cancer in the bladder and said that T1 cancer is very treatable with BCG. So he will be starting BCG in three weeks. YAY!

He didnt seem concerned with the mix of in situ and papillary- he basically said since there is no more malignancy and it did not go into the muscle- that BCG is still the protocol and still considered highly effective to prevent cancer's return.

I know everyone has a different story and reacts to treatment differently but what doctor is saying- does it sound on par with others who have been similarly situated?

Thanks so much!

Neelloo

4 years 9 months ago #57875 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Waiting for results tomorrow and scared
From what you report it seems as if your father is doing very well and that there has been no spread . If it should spread outside the bladder he is certainly in a good place to take care of it but this does not seem likely ..

Please let us know what the results are tomorrow

Wishing you both all the best

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

4 years 9 months ago #57873 by Neelloo2626
Waiting for results tomorrow and scared was created by Neelloo2626
I have posted on several occasions here. My father was diagnosed with T1 bladder cancer back in March, high grade. We want to Stanford and Dr. performed a THIRD biopsy, taking sample again from muscle and tissue underneath the layer where tumor was located. First biopsy was staged as T0 and second biopsy was performed with a blue light, and urologist said he "got everything." I am just so scared for my father. His CT scan with and without contrast of his chest and pelvic area all came back normal- but there was one section that read "9mm bladder wall thickening, most likely from postheraputic procedures, but cannot rule out new tumor." But when we got results from Dr- he indicated that CT scan results were "normal" and cancer has not gone outside the bladder.

Can he survive if this cancer goes into the muscle? I am just reading and prognosis does not appear good. I am scared.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne