You need to be sure that you are seeing the right medical doctors

4 years 10 months ago #57770 by KS
Sara Anne,
The biopsy results state... High- Grade Pappillary Urothelial Carcinoma
Focal invasion of the Lamina Propria is seen.
Muscular propria not identified.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #57769 by sara.anne
Exactly what does the report say? Sometimes they use other words for things.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #57768 by Alan
That is a big key. Either way this is treatable and beatable. Just look at the many posts in this forum. Treatment protocols change drastically from stage 0 or 1 to stage 2 or more. Even then, it all can be tweaked. Someone should be around to give our 2 cents worth as "ones that have done it". The important item is you are on the way to attack this.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KS

4 years 10 months ago #57767 by KS
Alan, it doesn`t say on the report what stage it is. I am calling tomorrow to find that out

4 years 10 months ago #57766 by Alan
Forgive me for asking but, I don't recall if your report told what stage your cancer is at? If it is stage 2,3 or 4 a cystectomy is the normal protocol where Pet Scans are sometimes used to be sure how far the tumor has gone. Stage 1 is usually immunotherapy such as BCG.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

4 years 10 months ago #57764 by KS
I see the oncologist for the first time on June 13th. My biopsy findings were High- Grade Papillary Urothelial Carcinoma. I would appreciate any input on what questions should be asked from those who have been down this road before me. I have a list of questions prepared, but just want to be more informed.
Also, is it more or less a standard thing that when something like this is found, that a Pet Scan is ordered?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne