Going in for biopsy

4 years 10 months ago #57700 by Jack R
Replied by Jack R on topic Going in for biopsy
DPT

Quite a number of people here have commented on an "event" sometime prior to the diagnosis of bladder cancer. I am in that group. After a full workup - Cystoscopy, CT, MAG scan and ureteroscopy - no cause for gross hematuria was found. 20 months later was a different story. Follow-ups are critical.

Best
Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #57693 by DPT
Replied by DPT on topic Going in for biopsy
Thank you Jack:) ! I’m just going to have to wait and see. If it is BC the staging will tell more. It’s the 1 1/2 years of time wasted to repeat cystoscopy that has me most upset right now but I bet this site has a lot of people that go through that.
Nancy

4 years 10 months ago #57689 by Jack R
Replied by Jack R on topic Going in for biopsy
DPT

The most common first symptom of bladder cancer is blood in the urine. Many people have no early signs of bladder cancer - mo blood, no voiding problems. Sometimes, no cause is ever found for urinary blood.

Bladder cancer, caught early, is highly treatable; it is good that you are following up with diagnosis.

50/50 odds - either it is or it isn't - you will know more after pathology reports on the biopsy.

Sorry, no recommendation of a doctor - but you are sure in a good place for great bladder care.

Best
Jack

6/2015 HG Papillary & CIS
3 Years and 30 BCG/BCG+Inf
Tis CIS comes back.
BC clear as of 5/17 !
RCC found in my one & only kidney 10/17
Begin Chemo; Cisplatin and Gemzar
8/18 begin Chemo# 3
Begin year 4 with cis
2/19 Chemo #4
9/19 NED again :)
1/2020 CIS is back
Tried Keytruda, stopped by side effects
Workin on a new plan for 2021
The following user(s) said Thank You: DPT

4 years 10 months ago #57688 by DPT
Going in for biopsy was created by DPT
Hello,
I am hoping to make some sense out of this..
I’m a 53 y/o woman who had a kidney stone removed 1 1/2 years ago and continued to have +1 hematuria. Cytology, FISH, US and CT Urogram with contrast have all been negative. They did another cystoscopy at my urging and found a small, round, red, flat area. After a round of antibiotics they repeated the test and the lesion was still there. I was told there was a 50/50 chance it could be CIS.
Can +1 hematuria be the only sign of BC?
I work at the Cleveland Clinic, do any of you have doctors names you can provide in the chance this may be CIS? I may need to switch doctors. Thank you.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne