Really scared

4 years 10 months ago #57672 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Really scared
Uptight and Marco,

That point where all is still a possibility is terrifying we have all been there. Until you know you personal diagnosis blanket research is also terrifying and not productive. I firmly believe of all I went trough the worst was the not knowing. Don’t research anything that isn’t your next step right now. Be kind to your self if you can do somethings you enjoy try to keep your mind busy. Don’t waste time fighting demons who probably will never arrive. I know easier said than done but at least be kind to yourselves. I will be looking for the next installment on your journeys.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uptight, Marco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #57670 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Really scared
wpl,

I live in MA and medical cannabis is legal here and I am an advocate. It would be an interesting thread on our forum but we don’t want to take over Marco’s and Uptights thread here. If you start one I will make a point to contribute.

Welcome to our forum.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society
The following user(s) said Thank You: wpl

4 years 10 months ago #57669 by wpl
Replied by wpl on topic Really scared
Hi,

Quick reply to Sara.anne's comment which I believe was directed at my reply (not Uptight) because she's wrong on two points.

The inner wall of the kidney is part of the bladder, not the kidney. I don't usually talk numbers or grades as it gets you in the wrong mindset but I do have bladder cancer …

www.cancer.gov/types/kidney/patient/transitional-cell-treatment-pdq
Transitional cell cancer of the renal pelvis and ureter is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the renal pelvis and ureter.
The renal pelvis is the top part of the ureter. The ureter is a long tube that connects the kidney to the bladder.

Only going to the trouble because it will be very important, if it does end up being cancer, you vet all the info and advice you get. It's all probably going to be very well intentioned … won't always be accurate.

Same goes for the CBD and THC comment. There have been no trials in the US due to marijuana being a Class 1 drug … same as meth and heroin. Not true overseas and there are studies from Europe and Asia showing results in shrinking tumors (CBD) and killing certain types of cancer cells (THC). In Poland there was a trial of intratumoral injections of THC in brain tumors that have shown results in shrinking tumors that can not be operated on. More importantly both act to trigger the immune system and having a healthy and active immune system is key should you get a cancer diagnosis. If not for fighting the cancer itself for surviving chemo or radiation if it's required.

Check this site
integrativeoncology-essentials.com/brian-lawenda-md/

Not saying to buy his program but read what integrative oncology is all about. Sara.anne sounds very well intentioned but unfortunately is not citing facts ...

Good luck and keep fingers crossed it's nothing more than a scare!

4 years 10 months ago #57668 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Really scared
Marco, just a few comments. As Alan said, you haven't been diagnosed with cancer yet and you may not be. If you are, in most cases bladder cancer is very treatable. I was diagnosed with high grade bladder cancer 11 years ago, underwent treatment, and have been cancer-free every since. I WILL admit that I was panicked when I first got the diagnosis. It is just natural. Then I did a lot of reading, found this group, and the rest is history!!

"Uptight" made some good comments on his post to you, but I would like to add my interpretations ...and include some comments I made on his own thread regarding his kidney (not bladder) cancer:

"While a healthy diet is always a good idea, and a healthy body is something on your side when fighting any disease, it is highly unlikely that diet can reverse cancer. Whatever caused the cells in your kidney to go rogue probably happened decades ago. These changes happen all the time and our body fights them off (the immune system, again.) Sometimes some cells escape the body's defense system and cancer results. MOST of the time we will never know what started the problem with a few exceptions (smoking, for one.)"

I am not advocating that you take up a diet of cheeseburgers and fries, but common sense is the guide here.

Another thing, NO PEER REVIEWED SCIENTIFIC STUDIES HAVE SHOWN ANY EFFECT OF CBD OR THC on any cancer. They can be quite effective in pain control, for example, so there are reputable medical uses for them but NOT against cancer.

You will get through this, just as many of us have. Best of luck to you

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

4 years 10 months ago #57665 by wpl
Replied by wpl on topic Really scared
Marco,

Stay positive and think positive. Even if cancerous this is not anywhere close to a death sentence. I have it my right kidney and am half way through 3 months of chemo prior to surgery, which I may postpone. No pain. No blood. No symptons to date other than in my bloodwork. Very little negative reaction to the chemo. And my case is considered pretty worse case (metastatic with lymph nodes around the arteries swollen, swelling round the mass and a tumor about 10 time the size of yours, right kidney totally blocked).

Just giving the kind of gory worse case scenario becuase I know I will beat this by thinking everyday I will beat it and so far it's working in spades. Key ... start now with diet and anything else you can do health wise to reverse what most likely caused the tumor to form ... get healthy fast. DIet and exercise ... cut out the sugar and processed foods ... go to a very clean diet ... organic if at all possible. CBD and even THC ... proven effective in slowing or even reducing tumor growth .... benign or malignant. Get your kids and family on board and helping ... and get everyone thinking positive and start every thought and action with how you will kick it ... it's been scientifically proven thinking positive will bring positive results.

So while it's easier said than done stop the worrying and go take care of it and enjoy every minute you have with those young boys! You've got this!!

4 years 10 months ago #57662 by Marco
Replied by Marco on topic Really scared
Thank you. Uptight. Sorry to hear about your situation. in fact i already read all your posts since it's my first cystoscopy as well. I have done countless hours of research..and now mentally exhausted from it. I have a good support system from my wife, mom and sister...my problem is I don't believe the hope they have. My dad had stage 4 brain cancer and that experience rewired me...because of it i sometimes feel that cancer a losing battle...which is completely false. Going to try to deal with my anxiety by writing a journal. If things get worse I will have my memories written to paper for my kids to read later when they are adults. I am getting better with anxiety but not easy. I find reading the posts here really helps. I wish you the very best on your operation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne