Blood in urine

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #57407 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Blood in urine
Tmc84,

Welcome. Slow down the mind but, do exactly what your plan is; see the doctor.

The majority of these hematuria episodes are NOT bladder cancer. Stones, UTI etc. Distance runners will often have this. There are people that they never even find a cause for this. I am guessing a cytology analyzing the urine will be the first step and if an infection is found it may simply be treated with antibiotics with a follow up. If no infection it is possible a cystoscope and/or a CT scan may be done but, your doc may have another idea after he asks questions on what is next. At that point I won't guess any further as it is simply a process ruling in or out things and none of us are doctors. Keep posting as you go and let's hope your answers are minor!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #57404 by Tmc84
Blood in urine was created by Tmc84
Really starting to freak out after passing some blood in my urine this morning.

Something similar happened about 10 months ago after I had been running for 2 hours + in the heat, went to the Dr who said that he was happy it was caused by the exercise/dehydration after blood tests and urine sample both came back clear. Today's episode did happen after I went running but I literally only went on a 30 minute jog so don't think this can be the cause. There was a very slight burning sensation on this occasion but nothing too painful. As it has happened again I have this nagging fear that something was missed 10 months ago and has been left untreated!! It's a public holiday here today so I'm gonna call my Dr tomorrow and get an appointment...in the meantime was wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar with symptoms disappearing for months before returning?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne