BCG Treatment #3

5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #57296 by Lapecheronza
Replied by Lapecheronza on topic BCG Treatment #3
Grazie Alan, questo sito è veramente di grande aiuto per chi come tutti noi all'improvviso inaspettativamente si è visto crollare il mondo addosso con questa diagnosi che ci accomuna. Fisicamente sto bene ma non nascondo che psicologicamente sono molto giù. Sono una persona molto debole, ho sempre avuto molta paura di queste patologie e a parte la mia ex moglie che mi ha aiutato molto dalla mia diagnosi a tutt'oggi contattando i medici, la mia attuale compagna e mio figlio, che voglio però lasciare fuori per quanto sarà possibile da questa storia per non condizionarlo negativamente nei suoi studi e nella sua vita, non ho altri a cui appoggiarmi in quanto mi sono isolato da tutti completamente. Tra l'altro la mia dottoressa di famiglia che mi conosceva e seguiva da moltissimi anni e che mi stava aiutando psicologicamente è deceduta improvvisamente proprio mentre ero in ospedale in occasione della mia prima Turb e mi ha creato ulteriore dispiacere perchè oltre ad essere il mio medico era un'amica. Questo sito mi è stato di molto aiuto e mi ha aiutato a capire che noi non dobbiamo rassegnarci ad essere gestiti dalla malattia ma dobbiamo reagire positivamente in modo da essere noi stessi a gestire la malattia. Tre mesi fa all'inizio di questo incubo ho rivisto tutta la mia vita come in un film, mi sono accorto che ero stato felice senza rendermene conto e che da quel momento in avanti non lo sarei più stato. In effetti a me, ma come credo a tutti noi, questa maledetta diagnosi ha creato un profonda ferita al cervello che credo non si rimarginerà mai più, ma dobbiamo reagire e lottare e andare avanti e pensare positivamente. Spero che migliorino le cose per me e per tutti .
Cordiali saluti. Antonio

Thanks Alan, this site is really a great help for those who like all of us suddenly unexpectedly saw the world crumble on with this diagnosis that unites us. Physically I'm fine but I don't hide that psychologically I'm very down. I Am a very weak person, I have always been very afraid of these pathologies and apart from my ex-wife who has helped me a lot from my diagnosis to this day contacting the doctors, my current partner and my son, but I want to leave out as much as will be possible D To this story not to affect him negatively in his studies and in his life, I have others to lean on because I have isolated myself from all completely. Among other things my family doctor Who knew me and followed for many years and who was helping me psychologically died suddenly just as I was in the hospital on the occasion of my first Turb and I created further sorrow because in addition to Being my doctor was a friend. This site has been a lot of help and helped me to understand that we must not resign ourselves to being managed by the disease but we must react positively in order to be ourselves to manage the disease. Three months ago At the beginning of this nightmare I have seen all my life as in a film, I realized that I had been happy without realizing it and that from that moment forward I would not be. In fact to me, but as I believe all of us, this cursed diagnosis has created a deep wound to the brain that I believe will never heal again, but we must react and fight and go ahead and think positively. I Hope they improve things for me and for everyone.
Kind regards. Antonio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #57278 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic BCG Treatment #3
TRANSLATION:

Welcome Antonio. All bladder cancer patients are welcome! We can run through online translators.

ORGINAL:

Benvenuto Antonio. Tutti i malati di cancro della vescica sono i benvenuti! Possiamo correre attraverso traduttori online.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #57276 by Lapecheronza
TRANSLATION:

Thanks Sara, sorry if I got your name wrong first. Fingers crossed. I admire you a lot.
I hope not to create much trouble with the question of translation.
Greetings Antonio

ORIGINAL:

Grazie Sara, scusami se prima ho sbagliato il tuo nome. Incrociamo le dita. Ti ammiro molto.
Spero di non creare molto disturbo con la questione della traduzione.
Saluti Antonio

5 years 1 week ago #57275 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic BCG Treatment #3
Buona giornata, Antonio!

The protocol you mention for BCG is also used in the US by some urologists. There is no "national standard." Hope that you get really good news on your upcoming checkup!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #57273 by Lapecheronza
TRANSLATION:

Hello everyone, I write for the first time from Italy and unfortunately I find myself in the same situation (pta / cis) diagnosed in end of January 2019. I follow this site a lot since then because for me it is very useful for information that is helping me a lot. I use the automatic translator (in Italy there is no such valid site).
The whole world is a country and here we are all brothers of bladder, so I wish everyone a big good luck. A special greeting to Sare Anna that I believe was 11 or 12 years ago in my same situation and fortunately she has it made. I follow her very much, appreciating every intervention that is always adequate.
I'm not very careful with your urologist dear Tgrocky about the percentages he told you. In our situation the possibility of operating the bcg is 70% and not 40%. As well as the possibility of 70% recurrence is really exaggerated.
Here is a calculator that is used in Europe for the calculation of such situations approved by EORTC.
ftp = ftp: // http: //www.eortc.be/tools/bladdercalculator/default.htm] http: //www.eortc. be / tools / bladdercalculator / default.htm [/ ftp]. In the hope that it will be useful.

I have finished my first 6 bcg treatments for three days and I am waiting for them to call me from the Hospital for a control biopsy. I hope it worked, I saw a lot of fabrics coming out, every time I saw them I hated them because I thought they were part of that monster I had inside but at the same time I was and I'm happy because if they came out I think they were dead cancer cells.
If all goes well I will proceed to maintenance only that in our country the administration protocol is different: after the first 6 weeks and after the cystology for biopsy and other tests (urinary cytology) if negative we pass to a bcg for once month for 1 year (not 3 instillations at 3, 6, 12, 18, 24, 36 months like you in america). I hope that if I pass this first phase of the 6 are sufficient.
Best regards to all. Antonio aka lapecheronza.

ORIGINAL:

Buongiorno a tutti, scrivo per la prima volta dall'Italia e mi trovo purtroppo nella stessa situazione ( pta/cis) diagnosticato a fibe gennsio 2019. Seguo molto questo sito da allora perchè per me molto utile a livello informativo che mi sta aiutando moltissimo. Uso il traduttore automatico ( in Italia non c'è un sito così valido).
Tutto il mondo è paese e qua siamo tutti fratelli di vescica, per cui auguro a tutti un grande in bocca al lupo.Un saluto particolare a Sare Anna che credo sia stata 11 o 12 anni fa nella mia stessa situazione e fortunatamente ce l'ha fatta. La seguo molto apprezzando ogni suo intervento sempre adeguato.
Non sono molto d'accorto con il tuo urologo caro Tgrocky sulle percentuali che ti ha riferito. Nella nostra situazione la possibilità di funzionamento del bcg è del 70% e non del 40% . Come pure la possibilità di recidiva del 70% è veramente esagerata.
Qui c'è un calcolatore che si usa in Europa per il calcolo di tali situazioni approvato da EORTC.
ftp = ftp: // http: //www.eortc.be/tools/bladdercalculator/default.htm] http: //www.eortc. essere / tools / bladdercalculator / default.htm [/ ftp] . Nella speranza che possa essere utile.
Ho finito i miei primi 6 trattamenti di bcg da tre giorni e sono in attesa che mi chiamino dall'Ospedale per la biopsia di controllo. Spero che abbia funzionato, ho visto molti tessuti uscire, ogni volta appena li vedevo li odiavo perchè pensavo che quelli erano parte di quel mostro che avevo dentro però allo stesso tempo ero e sono contento perchè se uscivano penso che erano cellule tumorali morte.
Se tutto andrà bene passerò al mantenimento solo che da noi il protocollo di somministrazione è diverso: dopo le prime 6 settimane e dopo la cistologia per la biopsia e altri accertamenti ( citologia urinaria) se negativi si passa a una somministrazione di bcg per una volta al mese per 1 anno ( non 3 instillazioni a 3, 6, 12, 18, 24, 36 mesi come da voi in america) . Spero che se supero questa prima fase dei 6 siano sufficienti.
Cordiali saluti a tutti. Antonio alias lapecheronza.

5 years 1 week ago #57271 by Regor
Replied by Regor on topic BCG Treatment #3
Glad to hear it's going well tgrocky! Just finished BCG #6, so I'm a few weeks ahead of you.

TURBT Jan 2019; Diag: CIS
Induction BCG (Mar 19) /Maint BCG (Aug 19)
TURBT Nov 2019; Diag: CIS
Repeat Induction BCG - Jan 2020 Complete

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne