Just diagnosed with Small cell bladder cancer

4 years 10 months ago #57570 by Lwsb1
I was diagnosed with stage 3 small cell bladder cancer in December of 2015. I am now no evidence of disease. You can go into search for small cell on this forum. A few of us are here. I had chemo first and then bladder removal. If you have any questions - just contact me here. My hospital was Dana Farber and Brigham’s in Boston. Take care lwsb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #57272 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Just diagnosed with Small cell bladder cancer
As you have discovered, this is not a common type of bladder cancer. My advice would be to contact centers that treat a LOT of bladder cancer and have specific experience in this disease such as Memorial Sloan Kettering, MD Anderson, Johns Hopkins, USC, and Stanford. You really need to find a place that treats many patients such as yourself.

You can use the Search function at the top right of this page to see what has been previously posted on the Forum about small cell bladder cancer.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

4 years 11 months ago #57269 by cpl3800
I was diagnosed this week with SCBC and had a PET, Cat scan, and MRI on the brain Wednesday. My first meeting with the Oncologist is next Tuesday. I am / (was) a healthy 67 year old man who is working and still stunned by what I read. Is sounds like this a death sentence? How do I make a decision on the correct Hospital/ Doctor because there does not seem to be much help out there on who is the most experienced. I has the TURBT procedure and the Pathology came back with the bad news which surprised my Doctor as well. I just found this site and look forward to any suggestions on how to move forward.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne