Urination after Turbt

5 years 3 weeks ago #57195 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Urination after Turbt
Ange,

That is one for your doctor. The one time I had to have a catheter for 5 days I never had any urge because it simply drains as the kidney release urine.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 3 weeks ago #57191 by Ange
Replied by Ange on topic Urination after Turbt
I just had the tumors taken out and still have Cather, just had done Wednesday March 27, sometimes I feel it burn when I urinate and I can feel myself urinate sometimes and I have Cather in. Any ideas?

5 years 1 month ago #57003 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Urination after Turbt
Any time you have a question the FIRST place to look for answers is your doctor. It is no big deal to ask a question or to post one on the "patient portal" or whatever they call it where you are. The SECOND place is here. We are not doctors; your urologist or his nurse will know what questions to ask you.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

5 years 1 month ago #57001 by Jjbrown
Replied by Jjbrown on topic Urination after Turbt
Thank you Alan. I don't think it's an actual UTI because it has felt like this since I had my catheter removed without getting worse. I'm thinking a UTI would gradually get Worse? I also think he did do a lot of digging/burning because I bled for 8 days after the turbt. From what I have read, seems like 2/3 days is the norm for that. I will give it a few more days and see if it gets any better. If not, I will be calling.
Thank you!

5 years 1 month ago #57000 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Urination after Turbt
Normally, unless they did a lot of burning and/or digging I would think you should be past most irritation. It is also possible you do have an UTI. For my money I'd call the doc and usually a good nurse if she handles the call can probably answer the questions or the next step.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jjbrown

5 years 1 month ago #56998 by Jjbrown
Urination after Turbt was created by Jjbrown
HI again everyone
So today marks week 2 since I had my first TURBT. Recovery seemed to go as expected, however I still have some discomfort at the end of urination. It feels like a mild UTI would feel. Not painful though, I would just say uncomfortable.....not back to normal yet
Is this to be expected or should I be contacting my Doctor?
Thanks for the input in advance!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne