CT Scan question

5 years 3 weeks ago #56982 by happyandblesses
Replied by happyandblesses on topic CT Scan question
Thank you Alan and I appreciate your time in answering me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 3 weeks ago #56980 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic CT Scan question
The waiting is the worst part. Fill the day with other activities and thoughts. Easy for me to say now! The good news is you are on your way to beating this. It is treatable! You will have a plan and go forward after the path report. One day at a time.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 3 weeks ago #56977 by happyandblesses
Replied by happyandblesses on topic CT Scan question
Thank you Alan for your response, the dimensions I gave were on the tomography report. He did have surgery to remove the tumor on Monday and we have to wait until the 8th for the pathology report. The dr did not come speak to me after the surgery, he just called me on the phone. I think he wanted to avoid me until he had the pathology report however I'm sure he could tell me at least how deep he had to cut into the bladder. He did tell me it was a very large sessile tumor and when I asked him if that was good or bad, he said it tends to be invasive. I'm guessing he probably could see that when he performed the surgery but other then that we have no idea what we are dealing with, waiting is so hard. Also, my husband is having some slight painful aches in the left lower side of his abdomen that is worrisome to me as I'm concerned that the cancer may be out of the bladder.

5 years 3 weeks ago #56976 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic CT Scan question
Happyandblesses,

Welcome. Yes, the CT scan can read a tumor. At the same time it can't tell how involved it may or may not be into the bladder. I wasn't even aware it could be that precise in the dimensions. The next step would be a cystoscopy to verify what the scan saw (this may already have been done). The next step after will be a TURB (transurethral resection of the bladder) which is day surgery where the doctor will remove as much as possible and often all of any tumor. You won't really know much until the pathology report comes back regarding involvement into the bladder so take this one day at a time. Please follow links of this web site for grading, staging etc. Keep posting as you have further questions.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 3 weeks ago #56974 by happyandblesses
CT Scan question was created by happyandblesses
My husband had a CT with dye to find out why he was bleeding and it detected a large mass. I was reading the report and it described a 6.7cm x 6cm x 1.7cm tumor. I didn’t think they knew how deep a tumor was until the pathology report comes back?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne