Help with path report

5 years 1 month ago #56965 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Help with path report
IF you are going to have bladder cancer, this is the kind of path report you want to get. The description of the tissue samples is what indicates that this is low grade....there are cancer cells present with mild variations of size and shape. If this were high grade there would be much more variation here. The fact that mitosis (cell division) was only occasionally found also indicates that the cells were not wildly dividing as happens with high grade.

You are very fortunate!! Be SURE to keep those appointments because bladder cancer has a bad habit of returning and you want to catch it early if it does.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jjbrown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #56964 by Jjbrown
Help with path report was created by Jjbrown
HI Everyone!
So I had my first TURBT on the 19th and my path report is back...
LOW GRADE PAPILLARY UROTHELIAL CARCINOMA, NO INVASION OF SUB EPITHELIAL CONNECTIVE TISSUE. NO MUSCULARIS PROPORIA PRESENT IN SUBMITTED TISSUE.
FRAGMENTS OF PAPILLARY UROTHELIAL CARCINOMA COMPOSED OF PAPILLARY STRUCTURES LINED BY MULTIPLE LAYERS OF NEOPLASTIC UROTHELIAL CELLS WITH MILD VARIATION OF SIZE AND SHAPE. MITOSIS IS OCCASIONALLY OBSERVED.

My URO said this is a non invasive, low grade and will be doing a cystoscopy every 3 months to check for recurrance.
QUESTIONS...
1. Is this considered TaG1 Then?
2. What does " mild variation in sizes and shapes with mitosis occasionally observed mean?
Thank you in advance for any info!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne