Caretaker

5 years 1 month ago #56898 by Marilyn1948
Replied by Marilyn1948 on topic Caretaker
Sara Anne
Thank you for your reply. Of course it’s quite frustrating and I know I need to accept that. I am sure something did cause that rare cancer that lowered the immune system.
Perhaps a frustration with retirement was a factor as he was renowned in his professional work.He would never show negativity; always took the high road.
Hopefully one day there’ll be a cure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #56896 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Caretaker
So sorry to hear about your husband's experience. He did, indeed, have a rare type of cancer and one that is not usually found in the bladder.

Many cancers happen when a cell just goes "haywire." It most likely had nothing to do with his lifestyle or diet. Just like an older car will have things fail, as our bodies age there are more and more things that just don't work right any more. While there are things that have been indicated as a cause of cancer (smoking being one) there are many many (in fact most) cancers where a cause/effect has never been found.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marilyn1948

5 years 1 month ago #56895 by Marilyn1948
Caretaker was created by Marilyn1948
My husband was diagnosed with a rare
Bladder cancer,plasmacytoid.
He was treated at MDA however we were told it was terminal. I thought
We’d beat it after all he never smoked
Nor ate red meat and exercised daily
Well exactly a year later he passed away. It’s not been a year and it’s just awful . I’ve been trying to understand how he got this. I only know the prognosis is poor.
If anyone has information on this very rare cancer,I’d be quite interested.
Thank you

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne