Diathermy recovery

5 years 1 month ago #56741 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Diathermy recovery
Since this doesn't really sound like bladder cancer, I doubt that many here have information that would help you. We are not doctors, but rather patients and family somewhat familiar with bladder cancer.

However, I do have a couple of suggestions. Was your diagnosis, by any chance, interstitial cystitis? There are support groups similar to this for that diagnosis.

Also, when you seem to be "getting nowhere" with a doctor that may indicate that this is a time for a second opinion. Is there a medical school near you with a good urology department? That is where I would probably start.

Hope you find some answers

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #56738 by Kayla
Diathermy recovery was created by Kayla
Hi there,
I had inflammation of my bladder and the surgeon recommended cystoscopy and diathermy of my bladder which I had done over 2 months ago. It causes me terrible urgency, frequency and some pain even 2 months on. I am now on steroids, overactive bladder medication and antibiotics to try to alleviate these symptoms. None of my doctors have been able to tell me when this will go away so I can get back to my original life does anyone have any knowledge about this or when this will go away? Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne