Questions!

5 years 3 months ago #56508 by FloridaGirl01
Replied by FloridaGirl01 on topic Questions!
Thank you Sara Anne! I know that fibroids can wreak havoc on a woman's system and move things around inside. My urologist is great and thorough (I'm super grateful for that) but he acknowledged that fibroids and women's issues aren't his wheelhouse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #56507 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Questions!
I can certainly understand your anxiety....you do have a lot going on!!

However, based on what you have written, my guess is that it is extremely unlikely that you have bladder cancer.
It is a good idea for your urologist to make sure (too often they just ignore hematuria in women), but I would put good money on betting that this is not part of your problem.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

5 years 3 months ago #56506 by FloridaGirl01
Questions! was created by FloridaGirl01
Hello everyone! I've been reading in this forum and have found you all to be extremely helpful and kind! I was wondering if you'd heard of a situation like mine, and your thoughts. Here are the details:

- Microscopic hematuria for 9 years.
- Four years ago, I saw a urologist, who did a cystoscopy and couldn't find anything. Said some people just have microscopic hematuria.
- I also have fibroids. The are rather large.
- I'm in menopause, female, 48.
- In November I started to feel pelvic pain, almost near the ovary. After many doctor's visits, and an ultrasound, my GYN suggested a hysterectomy to remove the fibroids. Another doctor suggested I see a urologist in part because of the continued microscopic hematuria and the pelvic pain.
- Urologist found "teeny" amounts of micro hematuria, urine test was fine otherwise. Flow test was a little weak but normal.
- CT urogram showed a pelvic mass consistent with fibroids. Bladder was difficult to visualize on CT scan (possibly due to fibroid mass), and it had "fuzzy edges" on the imaging. Doctor doesn't think I have bladder cancer but wants a cysto done — says my chances of BC is about 5%. CT scan showed no other calculi, stones, etc.

Does anyone have any thoughts on all this? I have a bit of health anxiety and am freaking out.

Thanks for all of your help!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne