Believed Non-Invasive BC

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #56269 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Believed Non-Invasive BC
No recurrences. I also had an uncle that lived 35 years after his original DX. Chances are very good that something other than bladder cancer will eventually take our lives.

BC is almost an afterthought for me now. Does BC ever completely leave the sub conscious? No. I just simply go on and enjoy life as it goes. Been through 2 hernia repairs, one torn ligament in my wrist, triple bypass, carotid artery surgery, a fairly large melanoma cut out of of my back since. Heck, I have so many improved body parts I expect another 20-25 years out of this body. I feel great!

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #56267 by Finalman2
Replied by Finalman2 on topic Believed Non-Invasive BC
Hi Alan,

Thank you for the response, it's nice to talk to someone that's been living with it for so long (not saying it's nice you've had to of course). What I mean is that most stories online for "survivors" talk about 2 or 3 years on. 2 to 3 years for someone my age looking at the future is still only taking me to 29 so to speak to someone that's 10 years on gives some extra hope.

Of course at this point I'm going to hope that the result is a pTaG1 for best chances, my nurse did say there is still a chance of it being non cancerous but based on the rough nature of the tumour I'm not really holding hope for that one.

It may sound weird but I've woken up every morning since being told with a sense/thought process of "what's the point", I quickly get myself out of it but definitely been one of the hardest parts of the DX alongside nightmares etc.

No doubt this will be a blip in my road, the thought of a family and progressing in cyber security will act as my motives to beat this.

Have you had any recurrences since your BCG?

28/10/18 - Blood???
24/12/18 - Dx TaG2
15/01/19 - Start BCG
06/04/19 - Cysto + Biopsies - CANCER CLEAR

5 years 4 months ago #56266 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Believed Non-Invasive BC
Welcome Finalman2,

I was in your shoes about 10 years ago and a very similar diagnosis (see the bottom of my page). In all likelihood your nurse has probably given you an early heads up. I also have learned to wait until the pathology is done before drawing any conclusions. Should you have concerns? Yes, of course. Worry? Normal but, take each day one at a time and worry, not! That is all you can control anyway. For the vast majority this is treatable and beatable. For a few years your URO will become your best friend with a lot of waiting, watching and hopefully nothing else.

Life's lesson for me is the cherish life even more resulting in making me stronger and more effective in my life! I am trusting you will come out of this the same and a long life ahead and this is just one of life's many bumps.

Continue posting as you have questions.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

5 years 4 months ago #56264 by Finalman2
Believed Non-Invasive BC was created by Finalman2
Hello everyone,

I've been checking out the forums and posts for near a week now as I had a cystoscopy last Friday where a 1cm papillary tumour has been found on the right wall of my bladder.

I've been struggling to come to terms with this due to being a 26 year old non smoker that doesn't work with chemicals etc. I've got a whole life to look forward to most specifically in terms of raising a family and seeing them grow, suddenly I feel like there's some uncertainty thrown on that.

I'm waiting for a TURBT date with a CT scan coming up next Tuesday. My nurse believes due to the size, the fact it is a single tumour and my age that it will be of minimal bother going forward but until the pathology is completed I can't accept what she says on that side. She believes based on the look and size that it is most likely a Ta but again, we will see.

I understand this is going to be something I'll have to work with for the rest of my life but at 26, I don't know how to deal with this being thrown at me.

Luckily I have a large support network and an absolutely amazing fiancee that will be with me through thick and thin.

I should also say, hi from cloudy England.

28/10/18 - Blood???
24/12/18 - Dx TaG2
15/01/19 - Start BCG
06/04/19 - Cysto + Biopsies - CANCER CLEAR

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne