Typical duration: cystoscopy > TURBT

5 years 5 months ago #56056 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Typical duration: cystoscopy > TURBT
Welcome to the forum but I am sorry that you have to be here Just know that there are lots of people reading this who have been exactly where you are.

Six weeks or so is not at all unusual in scheduling a TURBT. Whatever is growing in your bladder has been there for quite some time and a few weeks is not going to make a difference Since this procedure is surgery an operating room must be booked and the requisite personnel
scheduled. The urologist will remove as much of the tumor as he can and send samples of it to the pathology lab for analysis And here’s something else that is going to try your patience since it can take up to two weeks to get the pathology report back And until the pathology report is back a definitive diagnosis simply cannot be made

We will also be sending good thoughts your way and please let us know how this goes

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #56055 by Knifedealer
Typical duration: cystoscopy > TURBT was created by Knifedealer
Greetings to all. I'm not happy about my medical condition but I am relieved I've found this forum.

On 9/28/18 I had a cystoscopy which revealed a tumor. A few days later a CAT scan confirmed the presence of the abnormality. I was notified around that time that a TURBT is scheduled for 11/15/18. That makes 7 weeks total from the time it was discovered until the time it will be removed.

It's been almost a month since the cystoscopy and I'm beginning to think I should've been more assertive and requested (demanded?) an earlier surgery date. I envision the tumor becoming more invasive as each day passes. This has been the longest month of my life.

Is 7 weeks the norm, unreasonable, unconscionable?

Thanks in advance for any feedback. I'm sure I will be visiting here often for month or (hopefully) years to come.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne